1/72 - Petlyakov Pe-2 by Zvezda - released - detailing sets by Mikro Design & Quinta Studio

Homebee

If it is, indeed, a downscaled version of their existing 1:48 scale kit, then modellers of the smaller scale are in for a treat. Just because its downscaled will not mean any real loss of detail etc....judging by their Mil Mi-24 Hind family. Also likely to be a reasonable price too

The Italeri 1/72 Pe-2 was indeed just a reboxing under the tie up that they have, of the Zvezda kit that was realised well over a decade ago.

Hopefully the one they are going to release next year actually IS a scale down of the 1/48 one.

• 3 months later...

It would be nice to have a new-mould Pe-2, something between the simplicity of the old Zvezda kit and the Hobby Boss Easy Assembly kit, and the complexity of the UM kits. Since these are 3D renderings, I suppose the kit was designed in 3D. Thank you for posting these pictures! Now Zvezda can move on to a new-mould Il-4...

Regards,

Jason

• Like 4

On 4/20/2019 at 8:50 PM, kotey said:

Yes, its rework 1-48 models.

The Pe-2 as UM kit looks very good, maybe new Zvezda will be better?  But still I miss a modern DB3 kit... Is it possible that it will be one day on market?

Regards

J-W

Edited by JWM
  • Like 3

Very nice! Their old kit wasn't a bad kit (often sold under Italeri's name), but this one looks much more detailed, and no doubt has engraved panel lines. I've definitely been wanting a 'Peshka' between the simplicity of the old Zvezda mould and the complicated, if very-detailed UM kits. Now Zvezda can turn their attention to a new-mould Il-4...

Regards,

Jason 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, sroubos said:

I've always thought this was a very sleek, good-looking aircraft but I've never been convinced to get the older kits. This one will be mine.

Exactly my thoughts!

I hope for few non-russian decals.

• Like 1