Avro Lancaster STGB Chat

vppelt68

11 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Pete, since post #1 Lancastrians have been included... And since the first Lancaster STGB allowed Manchesters and Lincolns, why not allow them the second time too? People change, and their opinions too. So you're very much welcome with your Lincoln :yahoo:. V-P

Thanks,

The Lincoln conversion will be interesting to say the least, and although I have used resin conversion sets for wings and the like, a whole resin kit the size of the Manchester will be a challenge - I have been advised to use 5 minute epoxy glue which is both messy and very smelly so it might never happen. Time will tell.  I am down to start the Buccaneer GB at the end of May so this could fit in nicely.

I will await the official joining up time with anticipation.

Pete

On 9/29/2018 at 12:01 AM, Colin W said:

Rumor today is for a Wing Nut Wings  1/32 Lancaster in 2019

That should inspire a few more builds in a Lanc GB. Id be up for it, after all this is Brit Modeller

Colin

I saw some sprue shots of this at the Melbourne Model Expo on the weekend, they looked very nice

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

I saw some sprue shots of this at the Melbourne Model Expo on the weekend, they looked very nice

If it is up to their usual standard it will be a cracker, but I would need to move house to find somewhere to display it.

On 12/06/2019 at 22:47, Brian said:

Would a York be eligible????

Wikipedia says:

"The Avro York was a British transport aircraft developed by Avro during the Second World War. The design was derived from the famed Avro Lancaster heavy bomber, several sections of the York and Lancaster being identical."

So guess what I'm thinking? Sure, the York is eligible :thumbsup:. V-P

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

According to post #75 they're in too.

Thanks! Somehow I read that post and only saw Lincoln.

Now I have a dilemma - I can do a Manchester or a Lincoln as I have conversions for both. Or there’s one particular Lancaster II I want to build. And I only have 1 Lancaster kit (at the moment).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have several Lancaster kits and a Manchester conversion set, just working on a Shackleton and did a Lincoln three (?) years ago, so by February might be ready for another largish kit. Can I join please? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fortunately, my cupboard can have more shelves added in between the current ones. My wife, on the other hand, was already looking at another IKEA cupboard to add beside it.... But I´ve said to her that there´s no reason to get another one (yet... :winkgrin:). V-P 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Fortunately, my cupboard can have more shelves added in between the current ones. My wife, on the other hand, was already looking at another IKEA cupboard to add beside it.... But I´ve said to her that there´s no reason to get another one (yet... :winkgrin:). V-P 

What Ikea (other retail outlets are available) cupboard do you use at the moment ?

• Like 1

As an update, I rashly bought the Mach2 York at Telford as I have always fancied building a York and so this will be my build. I will need until February to get rid of the ejector towers from the wings, but at least Didier realised the York has the same span as the Lancaster and shortened the wings. An 1980s Airfix Lancaster will probably provide some donor parts 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Are 'what ifs allowed', such as the Avro 684. This was a proposal to add a pressure vessel to the nose and was very similar to the Mk VI Wellington. I have the facility for production of the nose.

49129660161_3141c796c0_m.jpgbonson_the_avro_lincoln_prototype_type_684_by_kirovrampager-d5h6fsb by arhills, on Flickr

Failing that how about the Canadian clear nose mailplane Lanc as shown in the Squadron Signal book ?

Your thoughts please 🙂

• Like 2

Hello Adrian, this looks like to become a very un-restrictive and a wide variety of subjects for a Single Type GB, but I´m afraid the line must be drawn between the only-on-paper and actually operated versions of these planes. I believe that mailplane was operational? V-P