Avro Lancaster STGB Chat

vppelt68

I have Airfix's 1/72 Dambuster version (the latest tooling) and Eduard's BIG PE and mask set, so count me in (though I probably won't finish it in the three month period of the STGB...)

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

with the health warning that whenever I think I can do a GB life always comes along and smacks me in the face with work etc.  I do have a small Lanc project with all the am needed in the stash so this could be the right KUTA to actually do one for once?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

And we have them: 29.2.-31.5.2020! Thanks Enzo Matrix and all the interested members :bounce:. V-P

2020?  I might just have enough time to plan and clear my diary 😀. I hope the house build might even be through planning by then !

• Like 1

According to our dear and ever-so-reliable wikipedia: "On 2 March 1942, the first operational mission of the Lancaster, deploying naval mines in the vicinity of Heligoland Bight, was performed by aircraft of No. 44 Sqn." V-P

• 4 weeks later...
  • vppelt68 changed the title to Avro Lancaster STGB II 29.2.-31.5.2020
  • 3 months later...
On 9/28/2018 at 11:17 AM, vppelt68 said:

When: 29.2.-31.5.2020

With the B-17 STGB fever rising in me I noticed some members were wanting an Avro Lancaster STGB too. Quite quiet on that front since then, so I thought why not think aloud and ask if other members would be interested in one? The first Lancaster STGB took place from January to April in 2011, which means it´ll probably be all of ten years between them, if and when we manage to gather the required number of interested! Since I built my latest Lancaster... that must have been in the 1970´s! Because the then-host of the GB hasn´t been active in the BM forum for almost a year, I hope no-one regards me as a theme-thief by doing this :coolio:.

Back in 2011 not just Lancasters, but also Manchesters and Lincolns, were eligible - but in this case and in our STGB 2.0-era I´d say no to them. "Just" Lancasters EDIT: and Lancastrians :pilot:

Hi,

Just notice this proposed build, and once I have finished my Shackleton MR3 in the Frog build, I was considering starting my Lancaster IV/V conversion. Unfortunately, as this was later renamed Lincoln I guess I can't enter it, which is a pity as the timing would be perfect. Sorry, not sure what the difference if between a STGB and an ordinary one is so perhaps I might not be eligible anyway.

All the best - I will be watching with interest whilst probably building a resin Manchester! to complete my Avro heavies, at least until |I do another Vulcan.

Pete

• Like 1

Pete, since post #1 Lancastrians have been included... And since the first Lancaster STGB allowed Manchesters and Lincolns, why not allow them the second time too? People change, and their opinions too. So you're very much welcome with your Lincoln :yahoo:. V-P

• Like 1