Avro Lancaster STGB Chat

vppelt68

With the B-17 STGB fever rising in me I noticed some members were wanting an Avro Lancaster STGB too. Quite quiet on that front since then, so I thought why not think aloud and ask if other members would be interested in one? The first Lancaster STGB took place from January to April in 2011, which means it´ll probably be all of ten years between them, if and when we manage to gather the required number of interested! Since I built my latest Lancaster... that must have been in the 1970´s! Because the then-host of the GB hasn´t been active in the BM forum for almost a year, I hope no-one regards me as a theme-thief by doing this :coolio:.

Back in 2011 not just Lancasters, but also Manchesters and Lincolns, were eligible - but in this case and in our STGB 2.0-era I´d say no to them. "Just" Lancasters EDIT: and Lancastrians EDIT 2: Oh let's let them Manchesters and Lincolns in too:pilot:

Best regards, V-P. Oh, I almost forgot the list:

1) vppelt68

2) MarkSH

3) Colin W

4) Mancunian airman

5) Ozzy

6) Arniec

7) zebra

8 ) franky boy

9) JOCKNEY

10) Paul821

11) CliffB

12) rafalbert

13) Hockeyboy76

14) Romeo Alpha Yankee

15) Redstaff

16) Boman

17) PZGREN

18) dnl42

19) Rob G

20) jrlx

21) Angus Tura

22) theplasticsurgeon

23) nimrod54

24) JohnT

25) BlackAck - thank you!

Rumor today is for a Wing Nut Wings  1/32 Lancaster in 2019

That should inspire a few more builds in a Lanc GB. Id be up for it, after all this is Brit Modeller

Colin

• Like 1

I am interested in the fact that the rudders are two difference colours ???

I do wonder if this was based on a photo or just the artist thinking camou was only on the inner surface of the rudders ?

I have one in the stash also but I would like to see yours built . . . .

Depending on the date I'm very tempted to join in as I have a 1/48 Tamyia Lanc' that I think is he second oldest kit in my stash. I also have an 1/72 Airfix one from one of those box sets that Airfix used to bring out and I could not resist. My only problem is that a few years ago I decided to limit myself to only modeling aircraft that saw use in Essex or South Suffolk. 

However my justification was that the first Lan'c  I saw was at a airshow at North Weald. That is also the justification I have for a Vulcan and Valliant.

So add me in 

• Like 1

Thanks for your interest, everyone! The next vacant STGB slot is probably from March to June 2020, if I haven't missed any of them. So that's the earliest possible, plenty of time to plan our builds! V-P

5 hours ago, Paul821 said:

My only problem is that a few years ago I decided to limit myself to only modeling aircraft that saw use in Essex or South Suffolk.

So add me in 

Paul

A lot of Lancasters overflew these areas and made emergency landings on the many US bases in the area, so I think your conscience is clear.

cheers Pat

Well I've been thinking about that too, and come to think that we should take the next vacant slot we get, if and when we reach the required quarter century mark. So save one Lanc until then, Ray! V-P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MarkSH said:

I've only got one!, not allowed to get any more, SHE said so!

1) when purchasing a new kit, have it shipped to your mother, and pick it up when it can be smuggled to home without swmbo noticing that (done that :thumbsup:)

2) most kit boxes are large enough to house at least two kits. After all, it's the plastic we want, not the cardboard, right? (doing that atm :whistle:)

3) one of your buddies must have a paypal account too - save cash little by little and then slip that to your trusted mate, who can then pay your purchases at webshops. (done that, too - both ways :coolio:)

4) should dear wife show any interest in your finished models, never ever teach her how to tell a Spitfire from a 109, Mustang from a FW 190 etc - that's the road to ****. One day she'll ask you the feared question "I thought you had only one of those..." No no, no way! (never done that mistake :yahoo:)

V-P

• Like 1