1/48 - Grumman F-14 Tomcat by Great Wall Hobby (GWH) - F-14A & B released - F-14D in 2024

Homebee

Their Su-27UB canopy is the same design, from memory I think they also supplied a standard clear canopy with frame. However the design of the clear canopy and separate plastic frame is a perfect fit, almost clip in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Grumman F-14A & B Tomcat by Great Wall Hobby (GWH) - 3D renders+box art+schemes+decals+sprues - release in 2023
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Grumman F-14A & B Tomcat by Great Wall Hobby (GWH) - F-14B released

After a first glimpse some critics:

-missing of a turned metal pitot which should be mandatory at that MSRP.

-deficits in the instructions (missing clear advices for tiny parts, absence of steps e.g. mounting of nose gear constr.), must be overworked completely.

-missing of a conventional hood which is preferred by quite some modellers.

Otherwise it looks to be a GREAT kit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Grumman F-14A & B Tomcat by Great Wall Hobby (GWH) - F-14B released - F-14A on approach
  • 4 weeks later...

The ‘B’ arrived this afternoon. I hadn’t intended to buy one given I’ve struggled to do much with my Tamiya kits but for £30 less than everywhere else I’ve seen it I thought why not. 

It’s a very nice kit. Probably a bit over engineered for my current abilities with more options than I’d likely make good use of but huge potential for those wishing to super detail. In fact I started work some time back on detailing a Hasegawa kit using the Blackdog and Kazan sets and this kit ironically has all of the modular parts suited to those details.

• 1 month later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Grumman F-14 Tomcat by Great Wall Hobby (GWH) - F-14A & B released - F-14D in 2024