Word changes to text.

Paul J

Thats weird.

I just posted a reply to a post and among the text I used the word "priik"( altered spelling deliberately  to emphasise original word) and when posted it changed it to 'gentlemens parts' and inbetween some hieroglyphics ????!!!!  Why?  I re placed the word with pierce instead.  Strange?

Not strange at all. The forum software is self correcting for words that it (or the mod team) have deemed 'rude'. Which makes it interesting when you want to use one of those words in its non-profane meaning. The biggest problem with this is that you don't know about it until after you post, it's not a 'real time' scan.

#firstworldproblems

4 hours ago, Rob G said:

Not strange at all. The forum software is self correcting for words that it (or the mod team) have deemed 'rude'. Which makes it interesting when you want to use one of those words in its non-profane meaning. The biggest problem with this is that you don't know about it until after you post, it's not a 'real time' scan.

#firstworldproblems

Exactly. There are a series of words we dont allow to be used, and words very similar. These are to retain our family friendly stance. Also attempts to get around the bad word filter by using characters such as @#£$% etc will result in steps being taken.