1/72 - McDD F-15C & J Eagle by Great Wall Hobby (GWH) - released - new USAF boxing

Homebee

After the Strike Eagle (link) here are the Great Wall Hobby (GWH) 1/72nd McDD F-15C/J Eagle kits:

- ref. L7204 - McDD F-15J Eagle - JASDF

- ref. L7205 - McDD F-15C Eagle MSIP II - USAF & ANG

Source: https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5896056959

Schemes

466a480a304e251f0a5df7ffaa86c9177e3e53e9

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

how far the F-15 family went in their 1/48 rendition?

J MSIP is there with both fairings or not?

A and earlier TF variants?

SG and the upcoming Spameagle is done/announced?

Silent Eagle?

What about the S/MTD?

Also what about ALSO making full intake trunking for the 1/72 variants?

Luigi

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Barely anyone has replied... this is the greatest thing in 1/72 scale in ages. Literally 30 years later the Hasegawa kit has been replaced :D

Hopefully the MSIP II will have all the bits and bobs to make an early C and also have some of the straight antennas so we can make Gulf War birds.

• Like 3

I don't like the suface detailing on the Platz kit though, panel lines are too heavy. There are a lot of things that it does well, but for me those didn't outweight the finesse of the Hasegawa kit.

I have one Platz J that I will probably do out of the box with some neat JMSDF markings, but I will not be getting any others.

Edited by Hoops

On 17/11/2018 at 11:41, Phantome said:

Barely anyone has replied... this is the greatest thing in 1/72 scale in ages. Literally 30 years later the Hasegawa kit has been replaced :D

Hopefully the MSIP II will have all the bits and bobs to make an early C and also have some of the straight antennas so we can make Gulf War birds.

Odds are I'll be getting one of the J quite soon. Funnily enough that may also cause me to buy a Hasegawa, since the decals in their latest reboxing is just the aircraft I want to slap together.

• 2 months later...

On my workbench since yesterday, courtesy of HobbyEasy, a great and economical source of kits that are made in China. Postage is very reasonable and fast, as well.

no, I don’t own stock. Just a happy customer.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2019 at 11:43 PM, RussellE said:

does anyone know if the "C" has been released yet? 🤔

I've just received mine (From Hobby Easy as Trenton Guy) 

An amazing kit ! 

f15cgwh.jpg

Ivan

• Like 2

On 3/7/2019 at 12:01 PM, RussellE said:

me too 😀

Hello,

Not a complete review but just few pics of this awesome kit :

F15C01.jpg

F15C05.jpg

F15C04.jpg

2 airbrakes are provided, allowing open and close position  

F15C08.jpg

keep in mind that the real size of the wheels below are maybe 5 five times smaller 

F15C09.jpg

F15C10.jpg

details on the electronic bay behind the cockpit

F15C11.jpgF15C12.jpg

F15C02.jpgF15C03.jpg

left side of the cockpit

F15C07.jpg

Ivan

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Looks great. I haven't got any of their 1/72nd scale kits yet so this will be my first one. How have they managed to get more ejector pin marks in the open air brake? Not that I'll be posing it open, but couldn't they have put something like three stubs around the brake and then all you've got is to clean up the edges?

Generally it is superb kit, but for me, the shape of external fuel tanks is wrong. The mirrored "Goodrich" logo on the main landing gear wheels looks a little weird. By the way, the wheels are identical on the sprue for F-15 E,I,C, but are not appropriate for the first two version.

2 hours ago, Onetogo said:

Generally it is superb kit, but for me, the shape of external fuel tanks is wrong. The mirrored "Goodrich" logo on the main landing gear wheels looks a little weird. By the way, the wheels are identical on the sprue for F-15 E,I,C, but are not appropriate for the first two version.

For some reason they flipped the wheel, maybe so the writing wasn't in the same place, without thinking about the text? The text is pretty small and once painted will be hard to read anyway.

21 hours ago, Fanakit said:

Not a complete review but just few pics of this awesome kit :

Thanks for posting. It could be the lighting, but: the hinges on the electronic bays on the left forward fusel;age look quite overdone. 

Cheers,

Andre

50 minutes ago, Hook said:

Thanks for posting. It could be the lighting, but: the hinges on the electronic bays on the left forward fusel;age look quite overdone. 

Cheers,

Andre

Well they are heavy than they should be, probably a mold limitation of how cloae you can have the grooves and reliable get plasric down there. Probably looks okay to the naked eye, or just brush some paint in there and sand down.

On 11/17/2018 at 11:41 AM, Phantome said:

Whats the problem with the Academy kits?

2 hours ago, Borisz said:

Whats the problem with the Academy kits?

And probably somewhere about 30 years later the Academy kit is also replaced ;)

I haven't built it yet but simplified gear bays, basic detail and from what I've read maybe some shape issues with the nose. Considering the "upgraded" boxings of the Academy kit sell for almost as much as the GWH kit ( and the Hasegawa kit is a lot more expensive here in the UK ), if this one is accurate I know where my money will be going.

• Like 1