1/72 - McDD F-15C & J Eagle by Great Wall Hobby (GWH) - released - new USAF boxing

Homebee

Looking at the sprues my main complaint is that there's only 2 fuel tanks. This is unfortunate, since Gulf War birds typically carried all three.

Does anyone know from looking at it whether it can be turned into a Gulf War bird?

1) The two air brakes are not because of open and close, that would not require an additional piece.

The two air brakes are because the details changed at one point, and while there is not a representation of the very early shorter design it gives you options.

2) The BF Goodrich logo is engraved anyway and in reality is not, so it needs to be filled.

What is the value of this kit is:

1) Complete air intakes trunking.

2) a general update to the surface detail

3) Late configurations.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Robertone139 said:

1) The two air brakes are not because of open and close, that would not require an additional piece.

The two air brakes are because the details changed at one point, and while there is not a representation of the very early shorter design it gives you options.

2) The BF Goodrich logo is engraved anyway and in reality is not, so it needs to be filled.

What is the value of this kit is:

1) Complete air intakes trunking.

2) a general update to the surface detail

3) Late configurations.

Good point about the speedbrake, I think I'm right in saying the smooth one is only for the F-15E.

The manufactures logo on the sidewall is usually a raised outline so neither raise or engraved is correct, but 1/72nd scale is too small to mold it correctly. It would probably have looked better raised which is what most resin manufacturers seem to go for.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's hoping sales will encourage them to produce a two-seater that I can use to replicate the JASDF F-15DJ.....think of all those marvellous ACM/DACT aggressor training schemes !.

Actually.....just noticed on a re-examination of the F-15J notification that they refer to a F-15DJ on the decal sheets so hopefully one is not too far away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - McDD F-15C & J Eagle by Great Wall Hobby (GWH) - F-15C & J released
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - McDD F-15C & J Eagle by Great Wall Hobby (GWH) - released
  • 2 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - McDD F-15C & J Eagle by Great Wall Hobby (GWH) - released - new USAF boxing