"Preview" button

I remember a few years ago this forum had a 'preview button', where you could preview your thread before posting it, and make sure everything looks right.
That button is gone?
It is annoying because after posting, you spot all your mistakes, and if you "edit", it doesn't always update because you need to wait because you posted twice too soon.

It's a good way of checking that what you've typed makes sense, but it doesn't always give a good indication of whether your photos will fit in. I'm probably not explaining myself properly here. If you have typed some text and then added a couple of photos to sit side by side, when you look at the preview, they could well be positioned side by side, but when you actually submit, they come up one after another, slightly disjointed. I suspect that this is because on the preview, the width of the photos just allows them to sit side by side, but when you submit, the width of the page is slightly less and the two photos together exceed the page width. I hope that makes sense.

John.

• Like 1

I find it quite useful, particularly when I'm reviewing to check the visual elements after I've proof read it.  Don't forget that there's a little X in the top right of the post preview that you use to get out of the preview mode.  Don't be tempted to click BACK on your browser, or you'll be a bit angry with yourself :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AdriaN (MLT) said:

Is it possible to make an actual big PREVIEW BUTTON? Just like the SUBMIT REPLY?

No way that I'm aware of.  I agree it's a little scant, but all the icons in the new versions are from a specific font called "fontawesome", and I'd be happier with that page but with the addition of a magnifying glass like used to be the preview icon on Word.  If someone reminds me about that, I could be tempted to look into changing it, even if it's just to add the magnifying glass :hmmm:

• Like 1

On 9/28/2018 at 7:43 PM, AdriaN (MLT) said:

WOW thanks guys!! 🤣🤣😱😱

Is it possible to make an actual big PREVIEW BUTTON? Just like the SUBMIT REPLY?

Yes there is: You hire a "user experience" consultant. he or she creates a big button, builds a prototype, tests its for say lets £7K with some users who all agree its exactly what they needed. Then he or she submits their own fee for 2 weeks @ £500 per day. Then the "Product owner" decides that there is not enough time to build it so puts it in a "backlog" that no one ever looks at again. Wait six months and then some users complain they cant see a preview button, so you hire a "user experience" consultant etc.

Welcome to to world of Agile and the MVP- "Minimum Viable Product", the key here is to tell people what you delivered, not how well it works .

BTW I'm a "consultant",  wanna guess what I do? 👿

• Haha 1