WHAT'S THIS?

Badder

Sorry, you'll have to zoom in. right of pole, low down. 

SoxkbuD.jpg

This beast just flew directly over my house, at about 250ft. Unfortunately, I didn't have the memory card in my camera and neither did I have the camera on the right settings. By the time I sorted everything out, it was over the other side of my house and heading into the sun.

I'm a numpty when it comes to most aircraft, but I suspect it was the 'modern equivalentre/placement of the Hercules.

It was flying from the direction of RAF Fairford and heading for RAF Lyneham (about 7 miles away from here). Whether it landed at Lyneham or not is another matter.

Gutted I didn't have my camera set up.

Rearguards,

Badder

Edited by Badder

A400M, the props are visible as a 'haze' around each wing, and they fly from Brize which isn't to far away either.

The smudge above and left of its port wing is either a speck of dirt or a UFO 👽 😁

Looks like its flying away from camera. It is a bit of a deceiving angle  Not a trail, far too low for them, but cloud.  Lyneham closed a while ago now. is it being used by the Army now and practice area for the RAF transports?

1 hour ago, Max Headroom said:

1 why is it leaving a contrail flying sideways?

2 is that a UFO following it?????

It's smoke from the in flight barbeque..

The apparent UFO is lumps from the anti heatseeker used charcoal ejectors

• Haha 2

This is not a contrail but a very remote cloude. "UFO" stuff is visible above and slightly left as some black spot on photo.... Is it really a piece of charcoal? 

Regards

JWM

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 12:56 AM, Muddyf said:

A400M, the props are visible as a 'haze' around each wing, and they fly from Brize which isn't to far away either.

The smudge above and left of its port wing is either a speck of dirt or a UFO 👽 😁

Mothra