Big Red Devil - Italian Air Force Revell Tornado IDS 1/32nd scale

Ale85

After the flop with cold war gb, it's time for a new challenge for me. A real BIG challenge: a 32nd scale Revell's Tornado IDS wearing the famous 6° Stormo's "Red Devil". I really love Tornado so i decided to make a model in the big scale. Starting from the famous Revell kit:

scatola.jpg

The box is for a ECR version, but inside you have all you need to make a normal IDS version, included instrument panels, bombs and cannon gun muzzles. 

decals.jpg

i will build my model oob beacause i want to concentrate my efforts on the painting stage. I take  some bits (the second BOZ pod, resin seats and resin nozzels) from another "unlucky" attempt to build a big Tornado. I will use airmodel instruments, master pitot tube and Tauromodel's decals to make a ol camouflaged machine with hi-viz roundels and codes.

ids_sesto_stormo.jpg

I love heavy weathered  aircraft like this... 

I hope to start working on it soon, so stay tuned and wish me luck! :D :D:D 

ciao

Ale

• Like 3

Ok guys, let the fun begins! 

I started from the cockpit giving it a coat of black primer by Vallejo

cockpit.jpg

Then, after giving a coat of medium sea grey (H335 by Gunze), i focused my efforts on the ip: first of all, givng a coat of gloss clear, then i made a black washing with the Tamiya's panel liner.

pannelli_strumenti.jpg

Next step: giving life to this pieces with the airmodel's decals and detail painting.

ciao

Ale 

Edited by Ale85

Just a little "time-out" from the cockpit just to work to the weapon load: i choos to arm my Tornado with four MK82 bombs (included in the kit). For the first time i try to simulate the rough surface of the bomb body But, first of all, let's assembly the bombs!

bombe_1.jpg

Then, using a sponge and Mr. Surfacer Putty, i simulated the rough surface:

bombe_2.jpg

et voilà:

bombe_3.jpg

tomorrow it's painting time!
stay tuned!
ciao

Ale