1/32 - Avro Lancaster B.Mk.I/III by Border Model (ex-Wingnut Wings) - released

Homebee

• 4 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Avro Lancaster B.Mk.I/III by Wingnut Wings - cancelled project - the Day of Judgment is near, guess the producer
7 minutes ago, OutcastJoel said:

So, MENG? 

Depending on if this company cut the moulds. If the moulds had not been paid for in full they can't be classed as a company asset, therefore ownership reverts to the company who cut them, they can do as they please, including scrapping. Before we have burst blood vessels, to the company it's a matter of cold, hard, cash.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Laurent said:

I don't see those companies buying a tooling set off-the-shelf. I'd rather say Minibase.

My money is on MENG  or Great Wall Hobby because I know MENG did some of the tooling for WNW (but apparently not all of it?).

I also gather that the builder of this test shot does work with GWH.

I might be reading too much into that though as I am sure any modeller given the opportunity to work on this kit would jump at it.

I know nothing about Minibase, what is their range like? 

Whoever releases it I am chuffed it is going to see the light of day. (Which might be why I am talking such baseless nonsense) 😂

Maybe it is one of the test shots that did the show circuit in 2018-19 ? All very tempting to believe it’s the start of a production run but I see no transparencies in fact no more than I’ve seen in the plastic before. So, let’s imagine it’s one of the few test shots that somehow escaped the scrap bin - as I understand Wingnut binned a lot of show test shots . If I had it and I didn’t have the full kit set then I’d buy an HKM kit and use that as a donor for any missing parts and then ‘someone’ might advertise the completed model for sale on eBay for, what, £2,500 or $2,500 and you can be sure someone would snap it up. This could just be one huge ruse!!! 

But I hope it isn’t………!!!!!!!

36 minutes ago, OutcastJoel said:

I also gather that the builder of this test shot does work with GWH.

Cigarette man ? He's been promoting a number of kits: AMK F-14, Minibase Su-33, FMK Curtiss Hawk III and others. I believe he's a member/president of a modelling club in Taiwan. Some kind of influencer.

• Like 1

Cigarette man ?

His name is Fan Cheng Pin, don´t know what the surname and what the Christian name is. He was a winner at the Moson Show several years ago (Mi-24, I think 1/35). Would be really nice to welcome him here on this side of the moon. - Not to forget: WNW also produced in South Korea (Ace?) !

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Laurent said:

Tooling produced in South Korea and injection in China ?  

I am not sure about that. If anybody has a box at hand, mine are stored away: Does it say "Produced in the Republic of Korea" ? or anything like that ??

• 1 month later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Avro Lancaster B.Mk.I/III by Border Model (ex-Wingnut Wings) - box art

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=872466436716346&id=339312286698433

Border Model - 1/32nd - ref. BF010 - Avro Lancaster B.Mk.I/III

Today we are releasing our first 1/32nd aircraft BF010 Avro Lancaster w/full Interior. When we first saw the 3D model and BOXART of it, we were hooked. Due to the change of events in 2020, we ended up acquiring the molds for this kit. We spent a year doing more testing, fixing, including making instructions without design drawings in order to make this epic kit a success. Finally we finished it. We contacted the artist, Mr. Mark Postlethwaite. and purchased the rights to use the painting from him. It will eventually be marketed as BOXART for this product. Due to many production troubles and mold maintenance issues, the product will be sold in limited quantities worldwide and will not be produced again for a certain period of time afterwards. This Christmas season, it will be available for pre-order all over the world!

8754c6d8bc3eb135115bc8affb1ea8d3fc1f44e0

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Avro Lancaster B.Mk.I/III by Border Model (ex-Wingnut Wings) - box art - release December 2021
1 hour ago, Homebee said:

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=872466436716346&id=339312286698433

Border Model - 1/32nd - ref. BF010 - Avro Lancaster B.Mk.I/III

8754c6d8bc3eb135115bc8affb1ea8d3fc1f44e0

V.P.

I'm also excited by the news. I didn't expect it to come out this soon.

Any speculation why Border mention the problem with the mold and that they won't issue it for a period after this initial limited release?
"many production troubles and mold maintenance issues" 

Nanond

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Avro Lancaster B.Mk.I/III by Border Model (ex-Wingnut Wings) - box art+test model - release December 2021