1/32 - Avro Lancaster B.Mk.I/III by Border Model (ex-Wingnut Wings) - released

Homebee

It could be for any number of reasons. Manufacturing capacity in China, getting the boxes and transfers ready (again manufacturing capacity), delivery dates already agreed with wholesalers and shippers, cash flow (when does WNW pay  the factory for producing the sprues?) etc.

Trevor

9 minutes ago, tank152 said:

I think we now know why WnW's are attending SMW, i'd say its solely to promote these kits. I for one can't wait to see one in the flesh.

Down Boy, DOWN!

Don't know if anyone else clocked the reading matter on the desk...............:whistle:

1 hour ago, AlCZ said:

I don' t understand...kit is completed why don't release it yet ? Why is announced to next year - but - is finished... strange decision.

Its called rapid stereo prototyping manufactured from nylon/acrylic, clearly not styrene shot from moulds.

Thomo.

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid

It really isn't fair. A fortnight ago I had the future all planned out - HB B-24J and HKM Lanc BI/III and now the cat is well and truly amongst the pigeons.

I expected that this would be a $500 kit, based on the price of the Felixstowe - stand alone, not Duelist boxing - and recognising that it has 2 more engines, a very long bomb bay and 3 power operated turrets, yes I could rationalise that and maybe the HKM kit was the best 'sensible' purchase.

But then I got the e-mail that many of us got this morning which said 'not much more than the Felixstowe/Hansa B Duelist boxing' so all of a sudden, less that £400. Oh dear, HKM Lanc at £400 too.

We all know that, if we had a choice of HKM or WNW for the same kit - and the WNW kit has detachable wings in a more sensible place, the HKM wings come off at the fuselage so the undercarriage gets in the way - then its not rocket science as to which kit we'd buy.

But the WNW kit is not available for - optimistically - another 12 months so what will happen to the price by then? Maybe its better to buy HKM now and then think about WNW in 12 months time? I also imagine that a lot of people who do decide to buy HKM now - plus no doubt Eduard and Aries and Iconicair after market stuff - may then want to sell it all on when the WNW kit sees the light of day. And how much will you be a able to sell a second hand HKM kit for, with aftermarket thrown in? 

Damn WNW !! Drat, drat and double drat!!

Simon

On 10/7/2018 at 8:54 PM, Julien said:

Once again we seem to be drifting down the negative route with the comments on here. As the thread is one on an important new tool we dont want to close it, however if it reaches a certain point then we will.

Just remember if the subject / scale / anything else does not interest you then you are under no obligation to make comments on it, just leave it to those who are interested.

Also its not the place for comments on "the dog" we all know his name and the problems it brings in todays society, so please consider that discussion closed. 

Thx

Julien

Sorry for drifting off Julien, but you are completely right..

My apologies for my recent post, got carried away a little!

Still regarding the Lanc i am sincerely interested in the end result of this HUGE beast also what the pricing will be..

Cheers, Jan

Ee our Simon, is thee never 'appy, thee's now got choice lad, choice.......

Think you've already made your choice, why else ask 'how much' for an HK Lanc with aftermarket?

Wait for the WnW one, you know it makes sense.

Paul   :whistle:

• Like 1

Its been said before but  . . . . a lot of details inside looks great but its not for me  . . . 

This thing about  "Yeah but I know its in there "  . . . .  why do modellers want so much then close it away ?? whats the point ?

people that have seen my stuff never ask  'Oh did you put any etch inside?  ' Is there any pipework down the fuselage ??

AS was remarked earlier, when you are paying a expensive price do we really want to start forking out yet another £75 -£100 for bits to put inside and lose forever ???

Dont get me wrong, where you can see into an aircraft its nice to highlight the IP, radio equipment  or insert seatbelts

As I said, its not for me so I wish people would just except the asking price and build it for what it is, a bloody good model of an iconic aircraft !!

• Like 3

Don’t put detail in get pundits saying ‘not enough detail’ Make the kit detailed get pundits saying ‘too much detail waste of time’.

Take away from that... It’s pointless listening to pundits and far better off doing what you want when it comes to kit development as you cannot please everyone. 

Unless the kit is exquisitely rendered replete with detail and costs five quid.. even then you’d get someone moaning that 5 quid was too much and kits used to be 2.50...

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, AlCZ said:

I don' t understand...kit is completed why don't release it yet ? Why is announced to next year - but - is finished... strange decision.

I know a few builders that get test shots from manufacturers. One a test shot is done it is still a long way from production. Molds get lots of tweaks.

5 hours ago, Mancunian airman said:

Its been said before but  . . . . a lot of details inside looks great but its not for me  . . . 

This thing about  "Yeah but I know its in there "  . . . .  why do modellers want so much then close it away ?? whats the point ?

people that have seen my stuff never ask  'Oh did you put any etch inside?  ' Is there any pipework down the fuselage ??

Some modellers enjoy the process of building, some modellers build to get a finished model that they will enjoy having in their collection. All the invisible interior detail is for the former, I imagine. I'm not sure if I would get one of these kits - the space issue alone would be enough to give me a significant pause for thought - but if I did, I would enjoy painting and fitting out the interior despite the knowledge I should never see it again. I wouldn't criticise anyone who didn't bother with it though, horses for courses.

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PhoenixII said:

Down Boy, DOWN!

Don't know if anyone else clocked the reading matter on the desk...............:whistle:

I did it can only mean a nieuport 11 with French and Italian markings then followed up by a spad 7 with a hanriot for afters.what a time to be alive.🤩🤩

10 hours ago, Plasto said:

........you’d get someone moaning that 5 quid was too much and kits used to be 2.50...

£2.50? £2.50? Cor, you was brought up in a posh house......

I'd have said closer to 2/6d

4 hours ago, posh boy said:

I did it can only mean a nieuport 11 with French and Italian markings then followed up by a spad 7 with a hanriot for afters. What a time to be alive.🤩🤩

Don't jump the gun too soon!

2 minutes ago, Phil Gollin said:

Wasn't the original Airfix Lancaster 3/6d ?

Think your viewing through rose tinted specs......

around 5/6d - 6/- !

That surface detail is amazing. In this world of 'anything by Eduard and WNW are brilliant' 'Anything by Airfix is probably a bit rubbish and could be better etc' its worth tipping the nod to the mighty 'Fix that IIRC they pioneered the 'oilcanning' effect on their Tiffie.... its now the new thing innit!

If we have the Spanish School can we have the 'Castrol School' now then?

TT

• Haha 1

Two things. 

First, the negative comments and almost self-righteous indignation of those that seem to question the right of a company to produce something out of what appears to be outside an idea of a price bracket amazes me. It looks like it will be a fantastic kit and why can’t that just be celebrated. But no one will be forced into buying one. Fact.

Second, (and I’ve thought long and hard about posting this but a previous comment pushed my button) as one of the few people on this forum (a guess based on probability I admit) who has been called the same name (in anger) as Gibson’s dog, why does that always have to come into the narrative!? The dog’s name was not politically incorrect. At the time Gibson and most of the general population knew no better and it was a reflection of society attitudes that it was accepted. Personally, I’m glad (and have benefitted I suppose) of the fact that times have changed, but I don’t agree that in the context of Gibson’s story, that the word should be erased from history. To make light of it though and bring it into this forum and others,time and time again, is boring. 

For the record and back to modelling, I will struggle to prevent myself from buying one. It’s a potential game changer for the hobby, in many respects.

That is all.

• Like 18