1/32 - Avro Lancaster B.Mk.I/III by Border Model (ex-Wingnut Wings) - released

Homebee

3 hours ago, ABeck said:

1. Still no French WWI  model by WNW

What about the Salmson 2

I really cant understand some of the negative comments here, rather than welcome a new kit for what it is.

JUlien

• Like 8

Presumably Jackson spent a small fortune  on getting the Lancasters produced for the movie (?) so I should imagine with the research undertaken, to ensure historic accuracy, that this information would be put to use produce an historically correct dambuster aircraft.

I know he also had a full size Wellington constructed for the movie so who wouldn't want a 32nd scale Wellington III ??? The third release  . . . 

(I mentioned it first ) ha ha

• Like 4

Myself, I could care less, I'm not a WNW devotee, just enjoy modelling WWI aircraft.

However, I can understand the negative comments, as a kit released of something a modeller does not want, or care about, means a kit he does want isn't being announced.

Jim F

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mancunian airman said:

I know he also had a full size Wellington constructed for the movie so who wouldn't want a 32nd scale Wellington III ??? The third release

My understanding is that it was approximately half size and based on a Beech 18?

https://dambustersblog.com/category/stephen-fry/

Trevor

PS

As for the Lanc, I like it but it’s the wrong scale, probably eye wateringly expensive and not for me. But as people are saying about the new tool Spit 14, if it sells well it may fund something else?

23 minutes ago, Mancunian airman said:

I know he also had a full size Wellington constructed for the movie so who wouldn't want a 32nd scale Wellington III ??? The third release  . . . 

(I mentioned it first ) ha ha

I dont really do much 1/32, but a Wellington YES

25 minutes ago, JimF said:

However, I can understand the negative comments, as a kit released of something a modeller does not want, or care about, means a kit he does want isn't being announced.

That sounds like a recipe for being upset a lot of the time.  Personally, I try not to get upset about what isn't being released, and just enjoy what is. :)

• Like 12

Ach I have to say that, on a certain level I am rather releived. It means that I probably won't feel the need to spend much on kits next year which is handy as I am really rather wanting to try and dedicate whatever spare loot I have (which ain't that much all told) for a new guitar. I reckon that I will be able to afford a really nice Gretsch G6118 Double Anniversary for about the same price as those Lancs will add up to.

• Like 2

Gentlemen

please line up to congratulate me.  Clearly I am wholly responsible for this otherwise completely unpredictable announcement and development.  No one else - just me.

For proof I would refer you all to my post on the HK Lancaster and the discussion on the options and what other marks that HK might bring out.

I quote myself:-

"I also understand that manufacturers will want to keep their developments and new variants a commercial secret to avoid competitors stealing a march on them.

In this case though I really cant see anyone else bring out a 1/32 Lancaster in competition."

So speaks JT on 20 September  Priceless :doh:

Please do not telephone to congratulate me as I can't quite get both my feet out of my mouth

And remember

nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition either

Will I buy both................ No...maybe....No its definitely "no"...at least until I see that they are out and want to fondle the boxes.  But its stupid to buy two isn't it?

Yours  John :dunce:T

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I have to say this is a major disappointment: not only is it a non-WW1 subject but one which has already -and very recently - been done. Yes the WNW kit will be the kit of 2018 for sure, but does this also mean the end of a golden era for us poorly-served "pre-1939" modellers?

And yes I'm sure it will make WNW a lot of cash, and that's what they are in it for after all, but this sounded like such an exciting announcement and I'm left feeling annoyed/frustrated/deflated. So many of WNW's subjects were esoteric and interesting while this is well into the 'meh' realm for me.

Especially when (apart from wanting a 1/32 BE.2 (any), DH.6 or BE.12. Or FK.3. Or FK.8. Or Bristol Scout. Or Vickers Bullet. Ad infinitum FOR EVER), it looks even more unlikely we'll ever see my holy grail - the Berliner-Joyce P-16 - in 1/32.

Grrrrrr. 

• Like 1

Hi

I suppose the choice is spend lots of money on a HK Lanc

Or even more on a WNW Lanc

As it is most likely a one off purchase, for most   

I would personally, ( given the feedback on WNW kits i have heard ) , would spend the money on the WNW Lanc and buy what could be a better kit.

I suppose it is down to the reviews now 

but i must admitt I have to find the cash

and if the other release is a wellington, well nice. 

i hope they do a halifax afterwards, a well over looked a/c 

cheers

jerry  ( who is still hoping SH will release that 1:32 whirlwind one day  ) 

• Like 1

I'm surprised about the Lancaster but makes sense since Jackson had replica's made. Research already done.

I will not get one but I will take a look at any built. I build most models in 1/72 but have built over 7 Wingnut kits because it is easier to build WW1 aircraft in 1/32 than 1/72. For me anyway.

I'm a little disappointed in that two of the three were the Lancaster so less of a chance for the WW1 kits I was hopping for.

Come on Hansa Brandenburg HB D-1 Starstruter as the third kit .

I'm just glad there still making kits.

HHmmm I wonder how many Tamiya 1/72 P-47D's can be made out of the plastic of one Wingnut wings Lancaster .

Rick

Edited by rickpeck

1 hour ago, brewerjerry said:

Hi

I suppose the choice is spend lots of money on a HK Lanc

Or even more on a WNW Lanc

and if the other release is a wellington, well nice

i hope they do a halifax afterwards, a well over looked a/c 

cheers

jerry  ( who is still hoping SH will release that 1:32 whirlwind one day  ) 

I would certain purchased the larger Wellington . . . .

1 hour ago, Sabrejet said:

one which has already -and very recently - been done.

Must have missed that one! :hmmm: HK Models have been promising one for a few years now, but have been delayed due to circumstances beyond their control.  It's not here yet, although I believe it's coming soon.  I have to say that I really don't quite understand all this "it's not my favourite subject/era, therefore it's a disappointment".  There are loads of people out there that are either happy, sad or apathetic about the announcement, and even if I wasn't interested I don't see why everyone's already booing that someone else is gonna get something from WNW for a change?  I also don't understand the "ZOMG they're going to be doing WWII subjects now, and we're going to miss out" thing.  This is ONE subject (several variants), and one swallow doesn't make a summer.  Lighten up guys!!! :rolleyes:

There's a saying I found the other day that I think fits here.  The only time we should be looking at another man's plate is to ensure he has enough.  I think two 1:32 Lancs is enough. :)

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, sniperUK said:

Peter Jacksons company, if he wants it to make a 1/32 Lancaster it is his choice , I wouldn't be surprised to see movement on his Dambusters movie either.

Think you are right there 

41 minutes ago, Sabrejet said:

I say one by WNW is one too many.

Perhaps you should take that up with them then? :shrug:

Perhaps instead of getting bogged down in negativity, you try to think of it more as a sure-fire success for WNW that will generate a lot of extra revenue that they can plough into other (probably WWI) subjects.  Just a thought. :)

• Like 2

Detail looks impressive. The kind of project to keep you off the streets and out of mischief for a good six months.

Wondering what the third new kit in development is? Suspect WW1 to placate the die hards but it would be great to have something utterly unexpected like a Wellngton or DeHavilland Rapide.

Guess there will be lots of figures coming out for these kitsets, including a dog.

Tony 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tony.t said:

Detail looks impressive. The kind of project to keep you off the streets and out of mischief for a good six months.

Wondering what the third new kit in development is? Suspect WW1 to placate the die hards but it would be great to have something utterly unexpected like a Wellngton or DeHavilland Rapide.

Guess there will be lots of figures coming out for these kitsets, including a dog.

Tony 

I'd go for both the Wimpy and the Rapide/Dominie Tony. :)

21 minutes ago, tony.t said:

Just don't mention the dog's name!

For my part I would love a WNW Lancaster, standard BI/BIII for me, but I'm afraid the price will be out of my reach, not to mention the VAT on receipt from New Zealand!  Still, I do buy lottery tickets, so never say never  :)

A Wellington in 1/32 would be very acceptable, and if we're going into fantasy land, why not a Stirling and a Halifax?

Edited by 593jones

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Perhaps you should take that up with them then? :shrug:

Perhaps instead of getting bogged down in negativity, you try to think of it more as a sure-fire success for WNW that will generate a lot of extra revenue that they can plough into other (probably WWI) subjects.  Just a thought. :)

And maybe you could read my post in full rather than quoting it out of context. Just a thought. 👍