1/32 - Avro Lancaster B.Mk.I/III by Border Model (ex-Wingnut Wings) - released

Homebee

1 hour ago, Max Headroom said:

The nose sounds a more realistic prospect for me, but it’s all depends on price.

As for colour schemes, I suppose it will come down to nose art. The 100+ club are the obvious ones, plus others like Mickey the Moocher, Uncle Joe (Stalin) and R5868. Post war RCAF MR.10 would be nice too. 

I hope that the stand shown with the display reflects how they intend to release it.

Trevor 

I asked that very question and was told 'yes' the stand is with the kit and in his words you could display a few with different nose art.

And looking at the full kit it is beautifully detailed but seeing it in the flesh it will take a lot of space up.

But a couple of those nose sections painted up will look great, pity their saying 2020 before that one though

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I’ve set up a bank account $20 a pay and by this time next year I’ll have enough to get one. This is my holy grail and I can’t believe these guys are doing it.

now to knock over some Tamiya Lancs to try to increase ones abilities to be able to do this kit justice. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Cammer625 said:

So I’ve set up a bank account $20 a pay and by this time next year I’ll have enough to get one. This is my holy grail and I can’t believe these guys are doing it.

now to knock over some Tamiya Lancs to try to increase ones abilities to be able to do this kit justice. 

At what looks like $20 a day how many are you planning to buy 😉

• Haha 1

On 10/11/2018 at 19:50, Max Headroom said:

The nose sounds a more realistic prospect for me, but it’s all depends on price.

As for colour schemes, I suppose it will come down to nose art. The 100+ club are the obvious ones, plus others like Mickey the Moocher, Uncle Joe (Stalin) and R5868. Post war RCAF MR.10 would be nice too. 

I hope that the stand shown with the display reflects how they intend to release it.

Trevor

I must admit that while I will never do a 1/32 Lanc, the cockpit section could tempt me, I hope someone does a crew for it as well.

Julien

On 11/13/2018 at 2:48 AM, Julien said:

I must admit that while I will never do a 1/32 Lanc, the cockpit section could tempt me, I hope someone does a crew for it as well.

Julien

Given they've finally released some pilot figures I hope WNW does so. I imagine their designers and sculptors could probably do a great job recreating Guy Gibson's crew.

• 1 month later...

I emailed WNW to ask if they were going to include an FE Radiator option, bearing in mind the following the BBMF PA474, Canadian Lanc and 'Just Jane' have. The answer was the WNW Lanc is based on a wartime aircraft - so No.

I have replied pointing out that the Tiger Force Lancs were Wartime Aircraft, even if they didn't see combat. 

Really surprised and disappointed that neither WNW or HKM have given any thought to the including the FE Radiators as an optional extra. 

Hope the aftermarket companies are paying attention to this.

1 hour ago, Stealthman said:

I emailed WNW to ask if they were going to include an FE Radiator option, bearing in mind the following the BBMF PA474, Canadian Lanc and 'Just Jane' have. The answer was the WNW Lanc is based on a wartime aircraft - so No.

I have replied pointing out that the Tiger Force Lancs were Wartime Aircraft, even if they didn't see combat. 

Really surprised and disappointed that neither WNW or HKM have given any thought to the including the FE Radiators as an optional extra. 

Hope the aftermarket companies are paying attention to this.

It looks like HKM have only provided FE radiators, so that's good news for you at least.

Really? Thanks for that! I wonder if HKM actually realise that considering tge modek is supposed to be based on R5868? The FE Rads are a bonus indeed, just need a Windowless fuselage, which strangely enough is what R5868 appeared with after her overhaul at A V Roe

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2019 at 9:43 PM, PhoenixII said:

Be very surprised if the points where the wings detach are anything other than deliberate. 

It’s just convenient to use the same transport joint as AVRO.

9 hours ago, Aeronut said:

It’s just convenient to use the same transport joint as AVRO.

.....and add new, shorter outer wing panels, new power eggs, central vertical fin and add two sizes of vertical end plate fins......

Manchester! BUT, we're getting a little bit in front of ourselves, let's get the initial release done and dusted first!

7 hours ago, PhoenixII said:

.....and add new, shorter outer wing panels, new power eggs, central vertical fin and add two sizes of vertical end plate fins......

Manchester!

Need a new mid-upper turret too.  I'm sure all this will come to pass, I just hope I live long enough to see it!  I'm going to be waiting for the standard Bl/Blll, not too bothered about the Upkeep version.  Patience is a virtue :)