1/32 - Avro Lancaster B.Mk.I/III by Border Model (ex-Wingnut Wings) - released

Homebee

I had read that it’s showing ‘available’ on some Far Eastern websites. There was a photo of kits in shipping cartons but it was pointed out that the kit box is so big that one box fills one carton!! Let’s hope that they have produced sufficient kits to satisfy the retailers worldwide!

2 hours ago, Simon Cornes said:

I had read that it’s showing ‘available’ on some Far Eastern websites. There was a photo of kits in shipping cartons but it was pointed out that the kit box is so big that one box fills one carton!! Let’s hope that they have produced sufficient kits to satisfy the retailers worldwide!

They stated from day one that they were only producing 500 kits for worldwide sale and they were not sure if the molds would be able to be used again.   In their post they seem to suggest that the main molds suffered quite a bit and they are not sure when they will be able to make another run of kits.

Lucky models still show stock available if you havent already ordered one!

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Ticketec said:

They stated from day one that they were only producing 500 kits for worldwide sale and they were not sure if the molds would be able to be used again.   In their post they seem to suggest that the main molds suffered quite a bit and they are not sure when they will be able to make another run of kits.

Lucky models still show stock available if you havent already ordered one!

We may be able to judge the demand by how quickly Lucky Models show ‘Out of Stock’.

Not that we know how many more than the  +6 they are showing.

1 minute ago, elderly said:

We may be able to judge the demand by how quickly Lucky Models show ‘Out of Stock’.

I normally take the view that +6 means less than 10 but I have my order in already so I hope that it materialises!!

14 minutes ago, elderly said:

I paid for mine 3 months ago, but not with lucky models so not sure that they will be a good gauge of demand. I see a few other hobby shops starting to list them as well

I wonder how many will sit on shop shelf's 

Edited by Ticketec

My order at Luckymodel is showing it is being packed at least for the last couple of days. It will be on a slow boat via surface shipping to save on costs.

Maybe we'll see it by August. The price at Lucky was very good!!

It will be a great project for next winter lol🙃

8 hours ago, Homebee said:

Epic fail - on top of the mold problems, all the boxes were printed with the text and artwork upside down! Grab yours now - they're sure to skyrocket in value...  :whistle:

John

• Haha 2

I begin to wonder if the moulds that are being used are "short run" aluminium or resin moulds intended for short run use, including checking assembly etc, etc before final moulds are made.

They tend to be long cycle time and use thermoplastic resins that don't need high temperatures. 

This would explain why only 500 kits can be produced as by then the moulds will be worn out. 

The moulding of WingNut Wings models is superb using hard plastic, it will be interesting to see how well moulded these kits are. Perhaps supplying brass guns is because the moulded barrels are prone to bend or sag.....?

• Like 1

As some folks will already know, I'm sure, Lucky Model are offering a 18% discount on all orders up to the 12th May. IIRC, the discount code is MAYSA.

This reduction applies to the ordered items only - the company's shipping costs are not included in the discount.

Cheers. 

Chris. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chuuurles said:

Seems like we are packed and now awaiting courier pickup?? ..Giggity 

Excellent!!  It is showing mine as "Packing" "Full release to packing floor GZ" What ever that means? It will be on a slow boat to save on shipping costs.

2 hours ago, Chuuurles said:

Edited by Corky
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing new here being reported......Known issues the boxes are over packed and clear parts sometimes have damage. 

Im confident the parts will be replaced in a timely fashion.

On 5/20/2022 at 7:36 PM, Alan P said:

Fingers crossed for Hannants still being able to stock them eventually...🤞

Big H website says they'll be in stock first week of July 😊👍