1/32 - Avro Lancaster B.Mk.I/III by Border Model (ex-Wingnut Wings) - released

Homebee

For all of those who have been calling out for WNW to release a subject not related to WW1, this is incredible. 

The trouble is that I have the HK models one on order... so do I cancel that? My man cave will not support 3 1/32 Lancasters. Nor will the roof of it.

But I was not expecting this at all. 

• Like 1

The announcement is for a Dambusters kit AND a Mk.I/III.

The Dambusters boxing is shown as 32044.

I think it's a safe assumption that the Mk.I/III will be kit # 32043.

Which means we now know what two of the three kits are, so we're just waiting to find out about 32062.  Related to the Dambusters, or a 'normal' WWI subject?

21 minutes ago, ICMF said:

I think it's a safe assumption that the Mk.I/III will be kit # 32043.

If you look closely at the bottom of the WnW release pics of the Dambusters kit, you can (faintly!) make out that it says that the Mk.I/III kit is indeed #32043, and that it's "in development".

EDIT:  The red sash/banner also says "late 2019" (I think!).  

Edited by type40

It’s been mentioned on Facebook that the third announcement is a Manchester. Not sure how much travel that rumour has, but there you go. 

I can’t be the only person that thinks this Lanc is absolutely pointless? The HKM Lanc is literally in production now / will be within the next few weeks and there is already a dambusters conversion for it. People may push the detail aspect, but I can seriously see this thing being North of £500, if not £600. Surely WNW would have been better off doing a Halifax, Stirling or Wellington or sticking closer to home with an 0400 or a Vimy? No?

Cheers,

WV908 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, WV908 said:

It’s been mentioned on Facebook that the third announcement is a Manchester. Not sure how much travel that rumour has, but there you go. 

I can’t be the only person that thinks this Lanc is absolutely pointless? The HKM Lanc is literally in production now / will be within the next few weeks and there is already a dambusters conversion for it. People may push the detail aspect, but I can seriously see this thing being North of £500, if not £600. Surely WNW would have been better off doing a Halifax, Stirling or Wellington or sticking closer to home with an 0400 or a Vimy? No?

Cheers,

WV908 

This has probably been in development for five or more years, and it's Peter Jackson, who still wants to make his Dambuster movie , there is the kits connection to WNW , hopefully the movie gets a kickstart now, the boxart would make a great movie poster.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

So the chances are then that this has been in development longer than the HKM Lanc. It’ll be an interesting comparison when both are out, but i’m still going for the HKM one and hoping out for aftermarket treaded mainwheels.

Cheers,

WV908

5 hours ago, Chris Jephcott said:

So... this is the end of:

1/ My wallet

2/ My mortgage

3/ My marriage

At least you'll be able to live inside the box for this monster :) It's alright for you anyway even if you buy one, think of poor me who'll have to buy at least 12 of the beasts! Where will I live until I sell them?

It took me completely by surprise but it's obviously to tie in with all the research they have already done for the Dambusters Film. I hope this step away from WW1 only subjects opens the door for some of the Inter war silver wings (and Yellow Wings please) subjects that are screaming out for attention. Can you imagine a shelf full of brightly coloured Furies, Demons, Harts and Bulldogs, not to mention F3Fs etc.

Duncan B

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Norman said:

Blimey ! i wonder what the price will be ?

Presumably close to the GDP of a small island nation somewhere.

An interesting development indeed, but will appeal to only a few modelers who will have the ability to display it somewhere. Hopefully it is a sign that Peter Jackson may be getting on with the movie remake (he has the props built for the movie and in storage - according to the gossip).

What ? ANOTHER LANCASTER ? WHY ? I probably go to HK; i can't wait another year... and Dambuster in 1/32 is relative boring subject. Famous operation - but this is all. Standard night bomber was better.

• Like 2

A lanc,  very nice!!  building my first WNW at the mo, a sopwith dolphin, which is lovely, i was hopeing they would expand into post ww1 aircraft, a bulldog/fury/siskin  in 1/32 and at that quality would be lovely, and afordable.  shame!

• Like 1