1/32 - Avro Lancaster B.Mk.I/III by Border Model (ex-Wingnut Wings) - released

Homebee

If the quality of the Lancaster is as good as Borders Tiger 1 and Crusader kits you will be more than happy! But it seems there are those that want to moan about something....

Hopefully the rest of WNW range resurface under Borders label?

Neil

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Beermonster1958 said:

It's all of these and, it's unaffordable too!! šŸ˜‰šŸ˜‚.

(well, I didn't want to disappoint you!

John

ā€œUnaffordableā€ is a relative concept. This kit is probably going to take 6 months to a year to build to do it justice and Iā€™d bet that most modelers who build in this scale spend more than the eventual cost of this kit in 6 months. Itā€™s a question of priorities.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, junco said:

If the quality of the Lancaster is as good as Borders Tiger 1 and Crusader kits you will be more than happy! But it seems there are those that want to moan about something....

Hopefully the rest of WNW range resurface under Borders label?

Neil

Given weā€™re talking Wingnut Wings quality, I doubt it will disappoint. However, I would not expect the instructions to be up to WnW standard unless they got help from former WnW staff.

Wonder why there won't be a nose section kit, that would be a better earner in the long run for Border I would have thought.

Glad I managed to getĀ  a HK one when they were about, because the full 1/32 kit would

1- Got no where to display it when built

2-Too scared to start it because of the price

3- Take me for ever to build it, and would just give up in the end due to number 1 being in the back of my mind when building it šŸ¤£

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Don149 said:

I`ve got two HK Lancs , one " flying " with full crew and one being bombed up , so I`m immune to it all .Ā ( Says he , nervously ) .

Ā 

Such a shame to waste your skills, experience and knowledge, acquired on those two, by not building this one as well...Ā Ā šŸ˜‰

• Haha 2

I see its now available to pre order from Lucky Model at Ā£449 + Ā£55 postage. Of course that's assuming even if you tick all the right boxes you won't get clobbered for another Ā£100+ for VAT and import and handling fees. I think I 'll wait till Hannants get them (I guess they will?)

3 minutes ago, keithjs said:

I see its now available to pre order from Lucky Model at Ā£449 + Ā£55 postage. Of course that's assuming even if you tick all the right boxes you won't get clobbered for another Ā£100+ for VAT and import and handling fees. I think I 'll wait till Hannants get them (I guess they will?)

I emailed Hannants earlier this week and they confirmed that they are aware of it but were waiting more details before listing it on their site and the couldn't confirm if it would be offered with the 10% pre-order discount. I also feel like this might be the right route although maybe Luck Models price includes UK Vat? I know that some Chinese sellers (via eBay) include Vat at the point of purchase.

13 minutes ago, Simon Cornes said:

emailed Hannants earlier this week and they confirmed that they are aware of it but were waiting more details before listing it on their site and the couldn't confirm if it would be offered with the 10% pre-order discount.

They still have the HKM @ Ā£399 and so the Border Models Lancaster will be rather more than that.

Ā 

I want one but I'm in no hurry for it to join the stash.

There wasĀ much interest in the HKM when it first appeared, but in reality I wonder how many sold?

With a little patience I got mine when a well known retailer advertised a 25% discount to RRP.

24 minutes ago, 224 Peter said:

I have to have one...Ā  to go with out 1:1 scale Lancaster kit!!Ā 

Christmas present.Ā 

Ā£450... I may have to liquidate some of the stash!Ā 

I'll e-mail Hannants!Ā 

Mmm, good idea. I might let a few of my Wingnuts stash go for extortionate prices...I'm never going make them all...

3 hours ago, keithjs said:

Ā Close to 500 UKP = close to A$1,000! Then thereā€™s the seat belts, photo etch for the cockpit, radio compartment, Navigators station,Ā bombardiers compartment andĀ bomb bay. There HAS to be sets for all the turrets. Oh, and resin weighted wheels, resin exhausts (open ended, much finer than mere plastic), metal gun barrels, canopy masks, and of course the 3D printed interior bits that complement or better some of the photo etch, photo etch radiator fronts, and the inevitable decal sheet that has ā€˜Thatā€™ scheme that I always wanted to do. Of course, Iā€™ll change my mind a lot on the subject for the model so end up buying multiple decal sheets.Ā Hang on, I want to leave the rear fuselage door open, so thereā€™s all that interior, shell chutes and ammo, elsan, etc. Oh dearā€¦ will have to sellĀ the first AND second born. Maybe talk the missus into coming out of retirement and work two jobs. Are the coal mines still operating?

Edited by Peter Roberts
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Peter Roberts said:

Ā Close to 500 UKP = close to A$1,000! Then thereā€™s the seat belts, photo etch for the cockpit, radio compartment, Navigators station,Ā bombardiers compartment andĀ bomb bay. There HAS to be sets for all the turrets. Oh, and resin weighted wheels, resin exhausts (open ended, much finer than mere plastic), metal gun barrels, canopy masks, and of course the 3D printed interior bits that complement or better some of the photo etch, photo etch radiator fronts, and the inevitable decal sheet that has ā€˜Thatā€™ scheme that I always wanted to do. Of course, Iā€™ll change my mind a lot on the subject for the model so end up buying multiple decal sheets.Ā Hang on, I want to leave the rear fuselage door open, so thereā€™s all that interior, shell chutes and ammo, elsan, etc. Oh dearā€¦ will have to sellĀ the first AND second born. Maybe talk the missus into coming out of retirement and work two jobs. Are the coal mines still operating?

Well, if this is the kit that Iā€™ve seen at Telford then you might want HGW straps and possibly Master barrels but everything else should be in the box, with a caveat on the decals - you may well need something better if the Border ones arenā€™t Cartograph or similar. But itā€™s still a bit expensive !!

• Like 1

The RRP for the new Ex Wing Nut model in Europe as just been released 699.99 Euro or there about's,Ā  also to muddy the waters Hong Kong Models have released a 3 in 1 version of theIrĀ 1/32 Lancaster B1/BIII/Dambusters all for Ā£399.99 RRP

Edited by TIGER HOBBIESLIMITED

8 minutes ago, TIGER HOBBIESLIMITED said:

The RRP for the new Ex Wing Nut model in Europe as just been released 699.99 Euro or there about's,Ā  also to muddy the waters Hong Kong Models have released a 3 in 1 version of theIrĀ 1/32 Lancaster B1/BIII/Dambusters all for Ā£399.99 RRP

So thats Ā£605, give or take a few pence. I suppose that's Ā£500 plus 20% VAT. Wow! Even with 10% off for pre-order, thats pretty amazing. Almost invites you to buy it from China and risk getting zapped for duty. If you escape then you've made a killing, if you don't then you're no worse off!

12 minutes ago, elderly said:

It's advertised at MBK for ā‚¬599 including VAT.

So Ā£518. That's getting better but I bet they'd charge postage on top. This is giving Hannants loads of scope! And they expect it March 2022

Edited by Simon Cornes
Availability date included

10 minutes ago, Simon Cornes said:

So Ā£518. That's getting better but I bet they'd charge postage on top. This is giving Hannants loads of scope! And they expect it March 2022

Iā€™ve purchased kits from MBK (before Brexit) and above a certain spend they did not charge me postage.

There will of course now be Customs handling charges by the couriers.

I wonder how much that would be then? I have used MBK when they were selling Wingnut last year - the last supply - and I found them very reasonable - they charged Wingnut standard RRP when they could have made a killing.Ā 

Ā 

I'm in a quandy ......... which is cheaper. ...... thisĀ  kit or a divorce ????

Ā 

Dick

Ā 

SWMBO is out of the room at the momentĀ :whistle:

• Haha 4

As beautiful as this model is, I can't help but feel it's an expensive waste of plastic to all but a handful of people. Who has space to display a 1/32 Lancaster? I suspect 90% of the models sold will sit in stashes and then eventually get shifted around as collector's pieces. I mean if that's what you like...you do you I guess, but for me, this model doesn't make sense.Ā 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rowmk9 said:

As beautiful as this model is, I can't help but feel it's an expensive waste of plastic to all but a handful of people. Who has space to display a 1/32 Lancaster? I suspect 90% of the models sold will sit in stashes and then eventually get shifted around as collector's pieces. I mean if that's what you like...you do you I guess, but for me, this model doesn't make sense.Ā 

That's not going to bother the manufacturer, so long as they do sell, so from their point of view it's perfect sense.

Ā 

Paul.

• Like 2