1/32 - Avro Lancaster B.Mk.I/III by Border Model (ex-Wingnut Wings) - released

Homebee

Could the doom `n gloom production / distribution forecast be just a sales ploy to get those modellers sitting on the fence over this one

to hurry and get their wallets open , before any shutdown may or may not happen ? .

Don .

• Like 1

I wonder what Black Friday offers may appear in the next 7 days?

We have a Hannants pre-order as the baseline discounted price if you are trying to save money - but don't forget that you can't change your mind and cancel your Hannants pre-order and then hope to reinstate it later - you can't. If you have cancelled a Hannants pre-order then its finito for you, you need another Plan B ! But at least you aren't committed to shelling out until Hannants actually have the kit in stock and you then still have 14 days to actually go ahead with payment - or change your mind - when they do have it.

For a Black Friday deal I imagine you will have to pay the money now and then Mr Retailer will have your 'X' hundred for maybe 3 months until stocks arrive.

It would also be interesting to know how many of the production run Albion Alloys can actually have from Border.  We know its 'limited' but how limited so how many are actually available to buy and how many will Hannants actually get? No one knows the answer and I'm not advocating Hannants over any other supplier but we've got to take a 'big picture' view of what might happen and plan how to deal with it. I have my plan and I'm sure others have their own so I hope that we are all happy, no matter what we do, when we actually get our kit(s) - or decide that its all just a bit too mad and go and do something else!

Merry Christmas everyone!!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Don149 said:

Could the doom `n gloom production / distribution forecast be just a sales ploy to get those modellers sitting on the fence over this one

to hurry and get their wallets open , before any shutdown may or may not happen ? .

Don .

At the very least, they just might be trying to get what was owed to them, and I wish them the best. Whether it’s going to go into a full scale production or limited, is a question to ponder. I do wish the very best to the Lancaster enthusiasts who are wanting to get one, come hell or high water. If it were a B-17, I would go to whatever lengths to obtain one, so I feel the passion in my heart for the Lancaster enthusiasts, and hope they have their dreams fulfilled. If I was wealthy enough, I would buy them all and gift them to all the Lancaster enthusiasts. 😌

My wife would OK a 1/32 B-17 in our lounge room, if it were in a nice looking display case. She paid for my B-17 flight 12 years ago and she has supported my B-17 and modelling passion for 42 years now. I consider myself very lucky.

I hope everyone has a safe and pleasant holiday season.

Jeff :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Corky said:

I got a good chuckle after reading that. Thanks Alan!

Just reminded me what a DB Klaus was back then.

Indeed! I remember well your struggles with the Phantom debacle.

39 minutes ago, Simon Cornes said:

Don't forget that you can't change your mind and cancel your Hannants pre-order and then hope to reinstate it later - you can't. If you have cancelled a Hannants pre-order then its finito for you, you need another Plan B ! But at least you aren't committed to shelling out until Hannants actually have the kit in stock and you then still have 14 days to actually go ahead with payment - or change your mind - when they do have it.

It's basically the same as hedging, hopefully it will still be worth fulfilling when (if? don't want to be a pessimist!) it's finally released. I'm still waiting for the Revell SR-71, been on pre-order since April 😬

Not a hangar Mike , just a three bedroom house to myself and a slightly demented Black Labrador . Besides a few hundred models of aircraft 

in 1/32nd , military vehicles in 1/35th and five wooden sailing ships in1/64th there`s a large collection of guns and cartridges . On top of that

there`s also a `50s model railway layout ! . If you think I must be slightly nuts , I wont argue . ` Just hope none of my family need to move back home ! .

That`s the history lesson for today according to Don .

• Like 6

On 11/20/2021 at 7:26 PM, Don149 said:

Not a hangar Mike , just a three bedroom house to myself and a slightly demented Black Labrador . Besides a few hundred models of aircraft 

in 1/32nd , military vehicles in 1/35th and five wooden sailing ships in1/64th there`s a large collection of guns and cartridges . On top of that

there`s also a `50s model railway layout ! . If you think I must be slightly nuts , I wont argue . ` Just hope none of my family need to move back home ! .

That`s the history lesson for today according to Don .

It sounds to me as though you're living the dream!

It depends on your point of view , 593 . I would say our lovely hobby has kept myself and many more steering a straight road .

I haven`t much else to do ! . By the way I like your subtitle about dogs .

Don .

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Has anyone noticed if this kit is on release in the Far East yet? I suspect that its delayed. 9 hours ago the Border Models website said that the product was 'finished' but they will have to go some to start shipping within the next 7 days to match the December release date!

• 3 weeks later...

Release in December would mean that retailers in the Far East might have supplies now but it will take time to get around to our side of the world which is why MBK in Germany we’re talking about early to mid March. I spoke to Albion and they agreed that broad ballpark. But I’m not aware that it’s actually in production yet so March in the U.K. might be optimistic!!

• 3 weeks later...

I sent Border Models an email at the end of December, asking when the Lancaster would be available. They replied within a few days saying, that if I ordered a kit at MBKs they (Border Models) would have it shipped in January.

Edited by olympic1911
typos

1 hour ago, olympic1911 said:

I sent Border Models an email at the end of December, asking when the Lancaster would be available. They replied within a few days saying, that if I ordered a kit at MBKs they (Border Models) would have it shipped in January.

Interesting. Well MBK’s ad. Suggested early to mid-March so I wasn’t expecting it until that time in the U.K. It was supposed to be ‘out’ in the Far East before Christmas but I don’t think I have seen any retailers in that neck of the woods advertising it as available so I’m still working around March but probably later. I messaged Border on Facebook a few days ago asking about availability and so far have had no reply.

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Avro Lancaster B.Mk.I/III by Border Model (ex-Wingnut Wings) - released

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=946183539344635&id=339312286698433

After a full year of modifications and testing, we finally finished it! When it was finished and in the box, we were blown away! This must be the most complicated product in the model kits, right? Hats off to the designers who designed this product! And hats off to the factory for their last-minute efforts!

272825884-946183666011289-44966090036448
272848111-946183672677955-38028201268152

V.P.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Now just to wait for Chinese New Year to be over so they can start shipping them. 

It's Feb 1 this year but much of China is closed for 2 weeks so folks can go home to family and celebrate. 

Carl

Edited by FG2Si

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Is this the 1/32 Lancaster that 'experts' said wouldn't be released because Peter Jackson was suing them? :)

Looks AMAZING!

TT

Not quite, his solicitors issued a 'cease and desist' order to Border and their prospective agents in regard to the Lancaster moulds. While the Chinese don't (seem to) observe copyright or intellectual property, thinking things may go differently in the Western world....

• Like 1

I wish i had not watched that. I was happy , plodding along happily thinking that i dont want this kit. i have nowhere to put it , and the price for me is so far out of my comfort zone........Then i watch this video. Oh my.  Well now i need to sell everything i own and i must have one!!!!!  Noooooooooo!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I have become used to "Not another 1/32 Spitfire/Me109G/P-51D"* etc delete as appropriate though I can recall a childhood through teens when the 1/32 scale took off.  Never though even in my wildest dreams did I expect to hear "Not another 1/32 Lanc"  Modelling's Golden Age indeed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1