1/32 - Avro Lancaster B.Mk.I/III by Border Model (ex-Wingnut Wings) - released

Homebee

51 minutes ago, Wafu said:

It’s great news that all the time, money and technology hasn’t been wasted, now standby for all the FB posts that it’s the wrong scale, wrong type and wrong subject😂😂😂😂

not to forget:   Wrong Pricing

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, ABeck said:

not to forget:   Wrong Pricing

It’s already started!! Of course, no idea about price but one person mentioned between 300 and 500 - presumably any currency but not yen!!! I wonder how many are ‘limited release’ ? They are certainly going to play the supply and demand card very well and anyone who buys one knows it’s an investment- just like Wingnut. All being well I’ll have one but I doubt I could justify running to two but imagine having ten and then eBaying one every year for 7 or 8 years !! Nice little earner probably!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bozothenutter said:

That should drop HKM prices through the floor......

I think they have already made hay whilst the sun shines!

Now they can concentrate on the Brit ‘toom 🙏

Trevor

• Like 3

This is brilliant news and a'must buy' for me. Let's hope Border Models don't produce the very 'so-so' QC kit that MENG did when let loose with the WNW 1/32 Dr1 tooling which with banana shaped wings and broken parts really spoilt the anticipation and enjoyment of (that) kit for me.

I would rather Border Models do the Lanc 'right'; even if that means it puts an extra 10 or 20 quid on the price rather than cutting corners for a non-WNW standard kit and which given what it will RRP at anyway, will be peanuts in the scale of things.

Gary

• Like 2

Over on LSP there is a link to a retailer called Hobby Easy who are showing it at 4300 HKD so that’s about £400 - the same price that Wingnut had in mind but then maybe plus 20% Vat for us lucky people!! But it may be just a starting price if the RRP isn’t being reported by Border

32 minutes ago, Stephen said:

From hobbyeasy it comes to £444 including UK shipping at today's exchange rate.

Shipping’s not cheap then! I would look to buy it in the U.K. though but that might have the shipping cost built in and the Vat!! No doubt we’ll be impressed when Hannants come up with a price!!

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Phil Gollin said:

2:  IF, this means that some/all Wingnuts moulds are available for sale ?

Most likely, Border tooled the kit for WNW and the agreement was in lieu of final payment.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 593jones said:

I wonder if they will release the front fuselage section?  I was looking forward to this from WNW as the full aircraft would be too big and expensive for me.

From the FB post, currently NO!

10 hours ago, Wafu said:

It’s great news that all the time, money and technology hasn’t been wasted, now standby for all the FB posts that it’s the wrong scale, wrong type and wrong subject😂😂😂😂

It is all of those things, I want a 1/700 HMS Queen Elizabeth.

On a serious note, does anyone want to buy a kidney? 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, elderly said:

The mold maintenance issue sounds like a marketing ploy to me …… hurry, hurry, hurry - get one whilst you can.

No knowledge of the design and production process, but could these issues be because of pre-production moulds of lesser longevity?

20 minutes ago, Bozothenutter said:

No knowledge of the design and production process, but could these issues be because of pre-production moulds of lesser longevity?

You could be right because the kit hadn’t been finalised by Wingnut as far as I know and so this could indeed be preproduction and then maybe Wingnut would have had a production mould made when all the wrinkles had been ruled out. The Fokker Triplane released by Mengg wasn’t perfect because the centre section of the middle wing is quite fragile so Wingnut may have redesigned the location of parts on the sprue. But then, heh, it might have been the production Lanc mould after all!!

1 hour ago, Beermonster1958 said:

It's all of these and, it's unaffordable too!! 😉😂.

(well, I didn't want to disappoint you!

John

Well I suppose it was always going to appeal to the mad people-  myself included- who wanted to buy the Wingnut version and damn the consequences!!

Wake me up in six months after the post-release internet kerfuffle has burnt itself out 🤔 dreading the 'hype vs tripe' feeding frenzy that always accompanies such releases 😭

• Like 4