1/32 - Avro Lancaster B.Mk.I/III by Border Model (ex-Wingnut Wings) - released

Homebee

I have watched and followed others do amazing things with this kit that I know I can't replicate. But I am sorely tempted by this boxing. The image states new clear parts. Is that newly tooled clear parts do we think?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BD757 said:

The image states new clear parts. Is that newly tooled clear parts do we think?

Let's hope so. By far the most disappointing aspect of the kit, and has put me off building it, which is a shame after spending a year's modelling budget on it!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

So much for that "only one pressing, you must buy it now or lose out forever."

Didn’t HKM do something similar, releasing a limited edition with duplicated clear fuselage parts,

but which I think is still available?

With the Border Lancaster I wonder how the original moulds will stand up to another release?

The price of the Border Lancaster is all over the place; I recently saw it at  Luckymodel for £440

and it’s easy to find their discount code reducing their prices by about 18%, but it’s now disappeared for sale

to the UK, strangely they do have it available to the USA for £$660 ( and maybe a discount code too?).

I’m glad that I’ve got mine! As for future boxings, well I imagine Border will make them for as long as the moulds hold out. This reference to ‘new glazing’ is interesting given that you would expect the standard B.I/III sprues to be included and the problem was injecting the plastic fast enough to produce very thin glazing. Maybe they are using a different plastic mix? It will be interesting to hear what people say when the kit is out. I won’t buy one, one Lancaster at that scale is enough for me!!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Released - ref. BF011 - Avro Lancaster B.Mk.III - Dambusters

Sources: 

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid0JTgkroTtXGJYHTqjnsAy5NUFZVdiN55ESDoWzKH1LbtcMtbCnvDWYCat4L7gKG3pl&id=100063663186491

https://www.jadlamracingmodels.com/border-model-bf-011-avro-lancaster-dambusters-edition-1-32-model-kit/

Brand new Lancaster Dambusters coming soon! We made an even more beautiful limited edition box. We've recreated the clear part and the Dambuster part with new ones! (Old clear parts will also be kept) Brand new decals! Still limited to 1,000 units worldwide!

363441501-752221840243249-91647263689686

366524365-752221990243234-91372551367191

366505315-752221906909909-71974752125558

365985524-752222046909895-64904934545997
363444991-752221913576575-61003572440964

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, 

Haven't posted on here for a while. This is probably not the correct forum thread to ask this about the Border BF010.

I just wanted to reach out if anyone had any good ideas on how to acquire replacement Clear Frames C1 & C2 from Border Models.

Reason I ask is I have recently purchased the BF010 Privately as they are hard to get now and probably anguished too long over it after already owning 2 HKM Lancasters. Which i still have not built either.

Probably not one of my better choices in life! But I really wanted to have the ex WNW (border) Lancaster.

Bottom line is I have the usual suspects of Broken Clear Parts & i'd really like to get them replaced. There are only 4 essential pieces that need replacing: 

Sprue C1:

Part: # C13 - Main Canpy

Part: # C17 - Front Turret

Sprue C2

Part: # C18 - Dorsal Turret front

Part: # C26 - Dorsal Turret back

Can anyone Help? I don't mind having to shell out some money if it's required?

Best regards

Phil

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, BD757 said:

Anyone know if this has been released in the Far East? A couple are popping up on a well known auction site! One for ridiculous money!

I think so, I'm sure I saw a link on eBay to Dawn Grocery or similar for the Dambuster boxing yesterday.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, Spooky56 said:

That’s a link to the HKM one 😉

Good discount though 

D'oh! :blush:  Definitely a senior moment there, then again it doesn't take much to confuse me¬  

Edited by 593jones
  • Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Avro Lancaster B.Mk.I/III by Border Model (ex-Wingnut Wings) - released

My Dambuster arrived last night, I was keen to check out the clear sprues. The box is much bigger and the original clear sprues are in their own box in a compartment. That’s really good news.

There is a however though. Border have produced an additional sprue, it is too big to fit in the box with the other sprues and is slipped in down the side. On my kit, one of the turret mouldings is broken but my understanding is that some of the clear parts are duplicated in the event of damage so it’s not a problem that one item is broken. 

The new clear sprue does have some new parts as well. I’d post pictures if I had the time…

On 21/12/2023 at 12:51, andrewfl290 said:

My Dambuster arrived last night, I was keen to check out the clear sprues. The box is much bigger and the original clear sprues are in their own box in a compartment. That’s really good news.

There is a however though. Border have produced an additional sprue, it is too big to fit in the box with the other sprues and is slipped in down the side. On my kit, one of the turret mouldings is broken but my understanding is that some of the clear parts are duplicated in the event of damage so it’s not a problem that one item is broken. 

The new clear sprue does have some new parts as well. I’d post pictures if I had the time…

My clear parts are thankfully ok on my kit. Only issue was that the main canopy had detached from the rest of the clear sprue. I have repackaged appropriately to keep it safe and scratch free. 

It is a monster of a kit. Just need to build up the courage to get her on the bench!

• Like 3