WNW to announce 3 new kits

Jeff.K

32043 and 32044 will be German and 32062 will be British

That's my prediction.

Further more I think they will be a Junkers Cl.1 and a Fokker E.V (or possibly a SSW D.III) and an Armstrong Whitworth FK.8

We know they are not duelist or special kits (a la Lanoe Hawker Jasta 5 triple boxing etc)

I don't think there will be an E.V/D.VIII because of the Mikromir kit. Wingnuts have, on the whole, tried to avoid doing kits that are already available in what Sir Peter considers a 'decent' kit, hence the absence of the Dr.1 and how long it took before we saw a Camel. An FK.8 would be great but I am still holding out for a Martinsyde Elefant. Would they produce a Junkers CL.1 so soon after the D.1? A Roland D.II would be good. Maybe we might see a Hanriot HD.1? 

Still a lot of aircraft to cover ain't there?

I've long thought a Hanriot HD.1 and an AW FK.8 were likely, simply because they are both types that saw a lot of use but got very little publicity.  WNW has a definite liking for the "Rodney Dangerfield" get-no-respect types.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeff.K said:

i'm still a bit skeptical of the lancaster announcement. *only* source i can find is hyperscale. i suspect someone might be playing a prank. 

Looks genuine to me and fits in with him making the Dambusters. I hope this opens the door for some interwar subjects like the Hawker series of biplanes and the Bristol Bulldog etc.

Duncan B

The Lanc announcement is now on the WNW Fans fb page, supposedly confirmed by one of the members, and is also showing on the Hobby Link Japan website, so probably a done deal. Hope there are enough foamers out there who will pay the price, to make it worth their doing it. If HK's forthcoming Lanc is priced a good amount less, that could also hurt sales.

No interest for me, so I'm not gnashing my teeth :)

Jim F

Well I have to say that I am terribly disappointed and rather saddened. I thought that Wingnuts were dedicating their energies to producing all those unkitted WWI aircraft. While I see all the merits of the Lancaster and can understand the interest in the Dambusters I won't be buying either of the kits as I am a WWI aircraft modeller and I am sticking to it. Does this mark the end of their interest in WWI aircraft? 

I suppose it is possible that, if they do release their stranglehold on the WWI market, because let's face it we see them as the absolute prime mover in that market, someone else will be encouraged to fill the gaps.

• Sad 1

i don't think it's an indication they are abandoning WWI. 

i'm not upset. quite underwhelmed though. i do WWII stuff, and sometimes even 1/32 (mostly 1/72, never 1/48).  i'll even do a Dambusters Lanc.... but almost certainly in 1/72. 

any word on the 3rd kit? BF109? 

14 minutes ago, Beardie said:

Well I have to say that I am terribly disappointed and rather saddened. I thought that Wingnuts were dedicating their energies to producing all those unkitted WWI aircraft. While I see all the merits of the Lancaster and can understand the interest in the Dambusters I won't be buying either of the kits as I am a WWI aircraft modeller and I am sticking to it. Does this mark the end of their interest in WWI aircraft? 

They had a butt-load of references from their Dambusters work (Wingnut Wings, Wingnut Films, Weta Workshop etc.), so I can't blame them for wanting to take advantage of all that effort.  As this is no-longer a WWI thread, I'll close this down and redirect y'all to the Rumourmonger thread here instead :)

Also, don't be so pessimistic!  Just because they're doing a Lanc, doesn't mean they're going to drop WWI altogether ^_^

• Like 2

• Mike locked this topic