1:48 Tamiya Mk1 Supermarine Spitfire

Gadget2012

There are also Infini Model and Uschi Van Der Rosten's rigging line products out there. Unlike EZ Line or haberdashery stuff both are round cross section stuff compared to a flat-tape type product.

Of Infini and Uschi, they cost about the same to buy but you get much more on the reel from Infini.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I must admit modelling is on hold for another week whilst I visit my parents in Kefalonia.... I'm too busy looking at views like... 

2018-10-12_02-41-52

I'll have to do some research when I get back to blighty, decide on a product and retro fit to the mk1 Spit. I'll try and remember to post some pics too :D

• 4 weeks later...
On 05/10/2018 at 17:11, Sprueloose said:

"I too have struggled with the wires and finally discovered E-Z line, an elastic thread which makes it all much easier. Plus it gives if you accidentally hit it after installing it!

Great work. Thank you for sharing it!

Terry

Good morning all, 

I finally bit the bullet, purchased some EZ Line and retrofitted it to the Spitfire. Even without paint she looks so much cleaner. 

Thanks for the great advice everyone, now I feel comfortable cracking on with the Airfix F8 Meteor. 

IMG_20181108_212617

• Like 6