Academy MK XIV Spitfire 1/72

pbaudru

Superb.  I've read that this kit has shape issues but yours looks every inch the MkXIV.  As others have said this could easily pass as 1/48th or bigger, such is the quality of the paintwork.  The weathering looks exactly right judging from photos of MkXIVs from this period. Beautiful work.

Bien le bonsoir!

Like everybody before me, all I can say is that this is a stunning result! Outstandingly well done!

I suspect that you did add a fair number of rivets, or so it seems. But you dosed it just right.

Congrats.

JR

Very nice indeed, like it a lot. I especially think the colours are spot on, and the weathering is very subtle and true to life. What paints did you use for the main colours (the green and grey)?

Terry

Thanks !

The HATAKA colors are great but note that this blue set (optimized for brush) is not for airbrush but can be used anyway if diluted using Tamiya X-20A thinner.

I think that red and orange sets were made for airbrush but I never used one of them.

Pierre.

On 25/09/2018 at 16:50, Meatbox8 said:

Superb.  I've read that this kit has shape issues but yours looks every inch the MkXIV.  As others have said this could easily pass as 1/48th or bigger, such is the quality of the paintwork.  The weathering looks exactly right judging from photos of MkXIVs from this period. Beautiful work.

It absolutely does. I built one a while ago. It assembles beautifully but looks weird when placed alongside a more accurate Spitfire model.

The old FROG MkXIV, although crude, is way more accurate in outline.

• Like 1