Sherman Firefly V 1\35 Dragon

Michael-S

That's really nicely done.  I like the track finish: readers might know that this is one of the things I get really hot under the collar about.

But, if I might offer a few comments.

British spare track links were generally painted a glossy black, but this was not universal.

The oval centre of the pick axe head should be hollow where it fits over the helve (handle), which had a metal reinforcement sleeve at the top end.  This latter is rarely depicted on kit or after-market tools.

There's something odd about your bolt strip where the nose meets the glacis.  I think you have it on back to front.  All M4A4 were built by Chrysler and they are perhaps the most consistent of the M4 sub-species as there were no factory variations.  This is the front of the VC at Bovington.  On the 3-piece bolted nose the strip was in 3 pieces attached to each nose piece and divided by the joining flanges.

QN4cdZb.jpg

The rear stowage bin was attached with noticeable pins at the top corners.

HYUvTY8.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the feedback.

2 hours ago, Das Abteilung said:

That's really nicely done.  I like the track finish: readers might know that this is one of the things I get really hot under the collar about.

But, if I might offer a few comments.

British spare track links were generally painted a glossy black, but this was not universal.

The oval centre of the pick axe head should be hollow where it fits over the helve (handle), which had a metal reinforcement sleeve at the top end.  This latter is rarely depicted on kit or after-market tools.

There's something odd about your bolt strip where the nose meets the glacis.  I think you have it on back to front.  All M4A4 were built by Chrysler and they are perhaps the most consistent of the M4 sub-species as there were no factory variations.  This is the front of the VC at Bovington.  On the 3-piece bolted nose the strip was in 3 pieces attached to each nose piece and divided by the joining flanges. 

QN4cdZb.jpg

The rear stowage bin was attached with noticeable pins at the top corners.

HYUvTY8.jpg

Thanks for the feedback.

Best regards.

Michael.