Airfix 1\144 Vickers Vanguard "Finished"

airfixpeter

Whilst looking through my stash I came across to Vanguard boxes that contained a pipe of parts upon inspection it's found to contain two aircraft two complete bodies one better than the other but still under the 25% rule so while I had no intention of doing any more I thought what the heck and this should be my last one.29949625947_a0746e1235_c.jpg29949625977_7fbc8ebb0f_c.jpg29949626017_586db187e4_c.jpg29949626027_0c9d7ef45c_c.jpg29949626047_01c8aa1150_c.jpg

Edited by peterairfix
  • Like 7

That's excellent, Peter. I'll look forward to your build here as I've got a Vanguard tucked away for Rabbit Leader's 'In the Year I Was Born' GB which will hopefully get voted in for 2019. Let's stay clear of the 1/144 PE though! All the best, Mike.

• Like 2

So glad to see this got the nod Peter and I'll admit that I quite fancy those Type 4 early seventies boxes the best. This should be another quick but excellent build and look forward to seeing what you do with it. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:00 PM, peterairfix said:

without the doors

Blimey, what a find !

If it's BA they're called a Merchantman , Vanguard Freighter and 9 converted during  BEA's ownership  during the  Flying Jack scheme . 1969 ish .Window blanks ( Aluminium plate) and painted , freight door by Freddie Laker's Aviation Traders who built the VC10 freight doors for Vickers about the same time . I'm really saying you don't need windows but I hate short stories , can't do those .

The wings have massive moulding things on them. I have one boxed unmade in the loft if you need a 3rd for spares (pay for postage only)

Edited by bzn20
  • Like 4

44019736795_ce699783ea_c.jpgI decided that the body doesn't need any more paint work done and I have got the wings on so It now looks like a plane.

And another handy thing it's already weighted in the nose so that saves me a job.

44019736715_597dbbcae2_c.jpg44019736715_597dbbcae2_c.jpg

Edited by peterairfix
  • Like 8

25 minutes ago, peterairfix said:

windscreen

I assume it has , should have because I can't remember opening the box .. I can't check for a few days .

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, peterairfix said:

I can wait

If it's there, never opened a box with the clear sprue missing ….. AAAAGH !  Millions probably have , we'll be hearing shortly ..

You can have it or the whole box . Kit for postage or  just Windows

You ever seen a box that Vickers used for the Cockpit windows ? the postage would be way over £100  and they want the box back  , B stores ! 

My version in an envelope freepost !

Edited by bzn20
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, peterairfix said:

waiting for a windscreen

Don't panic Mr Mainwaring …. I'll skip to it , find and post it , hopefully tomorrow AOG

Edited by bzn20
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, bzn20 said:

…. I'll skip to it , find and post it , hopefully tomorrow AOG

I can't tell you the number of times I had a chaser standing behind me whilst I finish parts off that they needed to progress an AOG. We also had VOG (Vulcan On Ground) which, I think may have been a hotter item.  Thanks for the memories. :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, peterairfix said:

windscreen

Found it .. 9th Black bag ( in a black place ******** wind up torch ) with boxes in them . Head injury ***** joists , don't worry it missed my brain by a few feet !

I'll keep the cabin windows in case somebody wants the rest of the kit to build and you've got past that stage anyway. BTW It's the BA scheme decals . Posting tomorrow .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, nimrod54 said:

Chadderton

I was based at Woodford with their CWP .Only went there twice .Interview and pick some urgent spares up. AOG ! We had quite a bit made in Chadd for us at Brize .

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:35 PM, peterairfix said:

Vanguard boxes

Cockpit Window on its way . Wrapped in tissue and between card , Taped to death ,be careful opening !

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, peterairfix said:

it broke

Well done, doesn't look bad .

• Like 3