Hi from an ageing newbie

BrianH

Now retired through ill health, I've decided to return to modelling after 40+ years and make a start on the selection of Airfix models (mostly ww2 aircraft) I obtain from a Hornby factory sale a couple of years. I'm not too worried about accuracy to begin with. I just want to enjoy the process of building again. Even weathering will be new to me.

• Like 3

Welcome @BrianH from another retired returnee to plastic modeling who also happens to be a newbie here on BM. :welcome:

Got to say, I'm having fun and really enjoying this place.  Just completed my first entry for a group build on here and really enjoyed the whole process.  I'd forgotten how enjoyable modeling can be.  Hope you will enjoy it and your time here on BM as much as I am!  :nodding:

• Like 2

Hello Brian ... :welcome: to Britmodeller from the USA. 

2 hours ago, BrianH said:

I'm not too worried about accuracy to begin with. I just want to enjoy the process of building again. Even weathering will be new to me.

That is the First rule of model making, “Enjoy the process.” The rest will come with practice. Please ask if you have any questions we’re all here to help. 

Dennis

• Like 2

Hello, and :welcome: to Britmodeller, it's a great place to be. Yours is a typical tale(the break in modelling, not the ill health, though quite a few here have that as well); you should fit in here just fine. My name is Joe, prefer 1/72 scale aircraft, any era. The new generation of Airfix kits are just fantastic! Glad to see that you got some bargains. I look forward to your builds, comments, and questions.

Joe

• Like 1