Lozenge for Roden's SSW DIII?

David M

I am new to this WWI lark and about to attack my first: a 1/32 Roden DIII in Udet's colours, having always wanted one since it was illustrated on the back of an Eagle issue a very long time ago.

Web reviews are a little confusing: some like the kit decals some don't. Hence any and all advice for the lozenge fabric will be much appreciated.

HGW decals seem to be the go...but which of their many 1/32 5 colour offerings is appropriate?

Or are there better alternatives?

Thanks and regards,

David M

Sydney, Straya

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I also have a similar question about replacement decals and have e-mailed Richard but I wonder if the TechMod decals might be okay? The reviews that panned the Roden decals used Techmod instead but I've heard that Techmod can also splinter badly?

Simon

+1 for me to! I was talking to Richard at the weekend, boy does that man know his stuff! I came away with his decals for Voss's triplane and now, based on his reply earlier today, I've bought ATT32106, 107 and 072 to use on this. Not exactly cheap but I hope to get more than one aeroplane out of them and cheaper than waiting until 1st January, when the price goes up by 20%