1/48 RAF Jaguar GR1 (Kitty Hawk)

Tom,

Nice surprise to see this, I must say !. I have several in the stash and like other co-respondents, had been put off by bad reviews. Judging from the result of your build, I suspect the majority of these reviewers are 'armchair analysts or experts' who never actually got around to building the kit since I can see very little wrong with the overall shape and accuracy. I spent 3+ very happy years working with the Jaguar Wing at RAF Coltishall and another 2 years at RAF St Athan when the RAF Jaguars on loan to the Indian Air Force were returned to the UK, so I am pretty familiar with the type and airframe. As you have hinted, Kitty Hawk don't help us out with their tendency to over engineer their kits and their insistence on open panels etc, which makes for a challenging build but then that should be half the joy - providing one with a real sense of achievement.

You have done a grand job with your build and given me fresh impetus to start the first of my own projects - Thanks for the very useful tip on the vertical supports in the fuselage. I will have to try that out.

Well Done, Sir !   

• Like 1