1/48 - Piasecki HUP-1 Retriever & HUP-2/H-25 Army Mule by AMP - HUP-1 & HUP-2 released - new boxings with 3D printed parts

Homebee

• 4 months later...

D-Mold correction set

Source: http://www.dmold-modelworks.com/contents/en-us/d2_04.html

One more release by us is the correction set for the new 1/48 HUP-1/2 kit. This offering by the small AMP company has been pretty welcomed on the market, however the model suffers from various, big and small fuselage shape issues. One of the most visible issues is the top of the tail that needs to be replaced, and this correction set allows to fix this higly visible issue easily and fast.

HUP-1-top-of-the-tail.jpg

V.P.

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Piasecki HUP-1 Retriever & HUP-2/H-25 Army Mule by AMP - HUP-1 & HUP-2 released - D-Mold correction sets

I know that D-Mold are a one-man band but they are one of the most frustrating companies to try and get stuff from. If anybody knows the owner please suggest a pre-order button for items OOS, The 48th Skyray stuff is unobtainium and I've been waiting since they were released. I got the B-57B correction through a friend and it's beautiful so it's worth waiting for. I'm concerned that we may have the same issue with other parts he offers.

I'm a little concerned that the main section of the fuselage appears to be parallel. It isn't as can be seen on the underside photo and GA drawing on Tommy's post. If not I'll have to resort to Plan A and see about widening the fuselage not easy. Tailspin Turtle has most of the information needed. 

30 minutes ago, SleeperService said:

I know that D-Mold are a one-man band but they are one of the most frustrating companies to try and get stuff from. If anybody knows the owner please suggest a pre-order button for items OOS, The 48th Skyray stuff is unobtainium and I've been waiting since they were released. I got the B-57B correction through a friend and it's beautiful so it's worth waiting for. I'm concerned that we may have the same issue with other parts he offers.

Don't mention it...

I've been trying to get his Stoof parts for a year or six, in vain so far.

• Sad 1

• 6 months later...

Caracal decals - ref. CD48207 - HUP-2/3 Retriever

Source: https://www.caracalmodels.com/cd48207.html

The options on this decal sheet are:

• HUP-2 Retriever BuNo.147622, HU-2, USS Shangri-La
  • HUP-2 Retriever BuNo.128489, HU-2 Det.43, USS Saratoga
  • HUP-2 Retriever BuNo.128515, NAS Moffett Field
  • HUP-2 Retriever BuNo.128519, HU-2
  • HUP-2 Retriever BuNo.128572, NAS Dallas
  • HUP-2 Retriever BuNo.130062, NAS South Weymouth
  • HUP-2 Retriever BuNo.130022, HU-2, USS Roosevelt
  • HUP-2 Retriever BuNo.128496, NAS New York
  • HUP-3 Retriever 116623, Royal Canadian Navy

cd48207profiles1.jpg cd48207profiles2.jpg

cd48207tn.jpg cd48207btn.jpg cd48207ctn.jpg

V.P.

• Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Piasecki HUP-1 Retriever & HUP-2/H-25 Army Mule by AMP - HUP-1 & HUP-2 released - new Caracal decals
  • 1 year later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Piasecki HUP-1 Retriever & HUP-2/H-25 Army Mule by AMP - HUP-1 & HUP-2 released - new boxings with 3D printed parts
On 11/2/2021 at 1:47 AM, 71chally said:

Lovely decal set, the first example (147622 HU 65) can be clearly viewed at the beginning of this excellent film,

Excellent film.

Note the castering nose wheels.

• Like 2