Eduard Soviet Air Force Mig 21 Bis 1:48

Hi there,

My first attempt in the very tricky world of NMF. And perhaps my last one, at least for a while. This was a very unforgiving project. Every mistake you do, you'll pay during painting. Every minor repair, after the paint job, always led to another repair being necessary.

Everything out of the box, except for the metal pitot tube.

Nevertheless, I'm satisfied after all. Pretty sure my next one, within a couple of years, will be better. 

Cheers!

IMG_7094_zpssjb9v63a.jpgIMG_7092_zpsfxtoho2n.jpgIMG_7091_zpsznz03llr.jpgIMG_7090_zpsebpdklco.jpgIMG_7089_zpsv5wxzngw.jpgIMG_7088_zpssegdrt9u.jpgIMG_7087_zpsgrmt3h1u.jpgIMG_7086_zpsozvhrvjb.jpgIMG_7085_zpsbbfyolpl.jpgIMG_7084_zps8ltwkdab.jpgIMG_7083_zpsytrt2qpk.jpgIMG_7082_zpsiolykaav.jpgIMG_7081_zpsgaq3pw3w.jpgIMG_7080_zpselfdfdf0.jpg

Edited by George72
  • Like 37
  • Thanks 1

Great looking MiG and very nice NMF!  But I know exactly how you feel about NMF and every time I do one I end having to take a break as they always seem very tedious.  But after a bit the memory of the problems fade and I tackle one again.  So this has got me thinking about me Su-9 that is looking at me and saying build me.  

Thank you all, guys. And that's true, Harold55. Although NMF is always very demanding, the final result, if not a catastrophic one, after a while will lead you to another "metal war" . 

I've seen some NMF master pieces here and there. Very motivating. There will be others, of course.👍

3 hours ago, HOUSTON said:

Heck, Thats one GORGEOUS looking MiG.

WHOA!!! The subtle weathering is Fine..

KUDOS.:worthy:

Is there a WIP... thank you ...

Hi Houston,

I'll try to make an 1:48 Airfix Spitfire Mk I next.  Thanks for you KUDOS

Very nice job indeed.👍

I found the same as you all imperfections have to be sorted first and extra,extra care taken not to blemish the finish as you rightly point out there are no quick repair cover ups. But on a positive note I have noticed that it (BMF) actually improved my modest skills by teaching me to be more methodical and careful at all stages of the subsequent builds, whether BMF or otherwise.

Onwards and upwards

Kind Regards

Piggy

19 minutes ago, flyingpiggy said:

Very nice job indeed.👍

I found the same as you all imperfections have to be sorted first and extra,extra care taken not to blemish the finish as you rightly point out there are no quick repair cover ups. But on a positive note I have noticed that it (BMF) actually improved my modest skills by teaching me to be more methodical and careful at all stages of the subsequent builds, whether BMF or otherwise.

Onwards and upwards

Kind Regards

Piggy

True. You end up paying much more attention to details.  Thanks!

A very nicely turned out MiG-21. The NMF looks convincing, it was a while before I plucked up the courage to do a Mustang in NMF. Got the Eduard Mirage III on the go, it will be in NMF. As you say, you really have to be on top of it - we’ll see!

Pete

2 hours ago, Buzby061 said:

A very nicely turned out MiG-21. The NMF looks convincing, it was a while before I plucked up the courage to do a Mustang in NMF. Got the Eduard Mirage III on the go, it will be in NMF. As you say, you really have to be on top of it - we’ll see!

Pete

Thank you! And best of luck with your Mirage. I have one to go here too. But will have a Brazilian Air Force air  superiorty blue pattern. 

• Like 1