+++ North American Aviation - we got 31!!!!

trickyrich

On 10/8/2019 at 9:59 AM, srkirad said:

Hello to everyone on Britmodeller - this is my first post on forum, so I hope I don't break any rules with first post right here.

I'd like to sign up for this GB with Trumpeter 1/144 F-86F-30 in one a bit unusual and exotic livery.

Thanks in advance and greetings to all,

Srđan (srkirad)

welcome along and to Britmodeller.

You've found the right place and a nice model with you as well, will be interesting to see what scheme you have planned.

I'll add you to the list. Just in case you're not aware, we need 30 members to sign up for a build for it to be eligible to go to the next stage, which will be a vote next month to see which proposed GB's will be run next year. With you on the list we now just need 2 more. Fingers crossed we get the final 2 member to sign up.

So keep an eye on the Group Build Chat thread for more information.

again well to Britmodeller. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome trickyrich :)

Themed builds are not new to me, as I already participated in various themes on our (serbian) modelling forum, but Britmodellers' groupbuilds are definitely more numerous and various, so it's an honour for me to join this international "competition".

These builds are especially good for motivation and inspiration - my modelling mojo rises with these kinds of building kits, so I hope this one will gather enough members to go to next round, and in the end to go ahead as a 2020 GB.

Once again, thanks for welcome, and keep in touch 

Cheers,

S.

• Like 2

....hmmmm  arrrr ummmm!!!

Don't ever rely on me to be 100% correct in my counting/keeping track of numbers stuff! :whistle:

Just doing a wee check on the list and I found I forgot someone @SleeperService  :oops:

So with the list updated and correct we now have the numbers to go into the vote/bun or bum fight!! :yahoo::penguin::poop:

So @Enzo Matrix my good man put us on the voting form if you could old chap.:D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

Don't ever rely on me to be 100% correct in my counting/keeping track of numbers stuff! 

Well done Rich, however I'd never pay you to be my accountant! 

Let's hope this one gets up... my Mitchell box keeps falling into my lap, so it must be some sort of cryptic sign from the modelling gods! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Haha 1

Evening all or actually morning now. Just noticed this topic and as I have more than a few Sabres and an Airfix Mitchell  in the stash it would be rude not to join in if you don’t mind. 

Cheers Allan

Hmm, there's a couple Airfix 72nd scale P-51 kits in the stash and a brace of F-86D from the same company keeping them company, dare say I could be tempted if this one goes through the vote. Although plans to convert one of the F-86D to a K might be beyond the GB timescale and my abilities...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Col. said:

Hmm, there's a couple Airfix 72nd scale P-51 kits in the stash and a brace of F-86D from the same company keeping them company, dare say I could be tempted if this one goes through the vote. Although plans to convert one of the F-86D to a K might be beyond the GB timescale and my abilities...

Good afternoon Col

I have the Azur F86K Sabre https://www.scalemates.com/kits/azur-a092-f-86k-sabre-dog--121526 in my stash for some times and this Gb would be the perfect occasion to build it ...

All the best

Patrice

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon Col

I have the Azur F86K Sabre https://www.scalemates.com/kits/azur-a092-f-86k-sabre-dog--121526 in my stash for some times and this Gb would be the perfect occasion to build it ...

All the best

Patrice

Good afternoon Patrice,

Was looking for the Azur and Special Hobby kits but couldn't find one, hence why I went with a couple of the Airfix examples and intend to convert one, it'd be interesting to compare them if we do build the two together.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Col. said:

Good afternoon Patrice,

Was looking for the Azur and Special Hobby kits but couldn't find one, hence why I went with a couple of the Airfix examples and intend to convert one, it'd be interesting to compare them if we do build the two together.

Good evening Col

If this Gb pass the vote I will be very pleased to build the Azur F86 and compare it with the Airfix one ..

All the best

Patrice

• Like 2

gosh i suggested this GB and I really haven't clue what to build if it goes through. The obvious thing would be to build a Mustang or Sabre or Super Sabre but I don't do obvious! I have a XF-107 but that's been save for a whiff. A Vigilante.......god lives too short to try building another one of those!! :wall:

I'm sort of leaning towards a 1/32nd Bronco, Kitty Hawk does a rather nice one of those.... Vietnam era OV-10A? :wicked:

• Like 3

Last year there was noise from Armory of a 1/144 XB-70, and I was completely thrilled. Sadly, they've already blown past 'could be available late Spring 2019 or summer' and we're well on the way to not.

My current thinking is a 1/48 Mustang prototype, but a Sabre or Texan are also suitable for a GB. 

There is that spiffy new Academy 1/144 B-1, but...must...resist...stash...growth...

2 hours ago, trickyrich said:

gosh i suggested this GB and I really haven't clue what to build if it goes through.

B-25 ? 

http://www.adf-gallery.com.au/gallery/Mitchell/B_25D_Mitchell_A47_6

https://www.awm.gov.au/collection/C1115453

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

I though about it Dennis, but she doesn't really fit into what I'm building.

Now the Bronco would go nicely with the A-1E and O-2A Skymaster (both 1/32nd), one of which I'll be building next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

I though about it Dennis, but she doesn't really fit into what I'm building.

Now the Bronco would go nicely with the A-1E and O-2A Skymaster (both 1/32nd), one of which I'll be building next year.

Maybe i’ll do the Mitchell. 

• Like 2