+++ North American Aviation - we got 31!!!!

trickyrich

On 10/15/2018 at 11:50 AM, trickyrich said:

:D

It's bound to be an easy build just like the P-39 :whistle:

I'm laughing but inside I'm crying. P-39 will resume at the weekend @Tailspin Turtle has helped immensely. 

Hopefully I'll have a few more complete by then and be up to the challenge. Needs new canopies and both props spin the same way....and that's on first glance. Ran the mouldings through my mates degreaser currently soaking in soapy water. They were dripping with something resembling ear wax. 😮

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking at my unbuilt Sharkit/Muroc models X-10 last night and wondering if there might ever be a North American GB...and here you are!

So please include me in.

Alan

On 10/26/2018 at 4:14 AM, Angus Tura said:

I was looking at my unbuilt Sharkit/Muroc models X-10 last night and wondering if there might ever be a North American GB...and here you are!

So please include me in.

Alan

Hi Alan, that's fine for the GB so I'll add you to the list.

Any aircraft listed in the Wiki page I linked will be ok.

North American Aviation - Wikipedia

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/28/2018 at 10:49 PM, trickyrich said:

welcome along guys, guess I'd be start a list.

I do love the Vigilante but the Trumpeter one is not without it's problems, hopefully you have the scaffolding kit for the fuselage? For me it's a 50/50 guess at which would be the easier build the resin Collect-Aire monster or the Trumpeter beast.......knowing me I'd go the resin one again..... Better the devil you know!

Square styrene tubing works as bracing too as a low cost alternative.

DSC_0059.JPG

DSCF2080.JPG

Hopefully my modelling doldrum I 'm going through will be a thing of the past by the time this GB will set off so OK, I'm in. P-51, Harvard, Mitchell come to mind

• Like 1

11 hours ago, helios16v said:

Square styrene tubing works as bracing too as a low cost alternative.

gee that is some scaffolding!!

I'm not sure about a Trumpy Vigilante, beside the space it takes up I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with their aircraft models!!! I recently pulled out their 1/48th Su-24 I have been working on for the past year or so, she has the full "ZIP Komplete" correction kits added to her. There's just so much wrong with that model you basically throw away most of it. With luck I may get to finish her by the end of next year!

welcome guys, I think the Sabres will be very popular for this one, along with the Mustangs. It'll be nice to see a Harvard in the build!

Not gonna lie, this kit has made me gunshy of Trumpy products going forward.  😅  But I was hell bent on a 48 Vigi and those were the options available at the time.  I'll get it finished up one of these days.  It's definitely a modeler's model.  No lick and stick here.  It is being built as a tribute to a fellow modeler on another forum that passed on a couple years ago now.  I really need to push to try to finish it this winter.  But I don't want to rush it either.

You can put me down for a warm body in this one.  I've got a couple in the stash...the most interesting to me being the F-107 prototype.  I've also got a Hellenic T-2C/E & a F-100 squirreled away as options.

no worries. I have a resin F-107 in the stash, it won't make it for this GB as I have other plans for it, but one would be nice to see in a GB.

I agree about the Vigilante, I really did want a big version of her as well, which is why I persevered with the Collect-Aire one I built. I'd be hard pressed to say which of the two would have been the more difficult/frustrating to build! 

Guess this can be added to a growing list of big 1/48th jets that need to be done properly...... F-111. RA-5C, Su-24, Su-17/22. 

• Like 1

Are 'built under licence' aircraft permissible for this GB? I have the Revell re-boxing of the Hasegawa Canadair Sabre 6, yet another long time stash resident which I would like an excuse to do.

Cheers, Mark.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone remember the polystyrene planes you used to get. I always got one if I was well behaved and my favourite was the North American Mustang. Il join in with a proper plastic version and get as close to the scheme as possible. Second was the Airacobra just because it was green and brown. The Mustang was a kind of grey and blue camo scheme..