Revell Mustang Mk III 1:48 instructions question

Sturmovik

I was checking the instructions earlier today, and I noticed that Revell tells me I should file the top of piece C3 on step 3, but it doesn´t say how much or for what, can someone who has already build this model tell me how much plastic should I remove from this piece and why? Same thing goes for step 20, I´m told to sand the bombracks, but for what?

Here are the instructions from Scalemates: https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/2/6/9/239269-81-instructions.pdf

Thanks in advance.

IIRC this kit is a repop of the ICM kit, which in turn is a clone of the old Tamiya kit. In Step 3, the lugs on C3 shouldn't be there, and should be completely removed. C3 should sit flush against the bottom of E5 as shown in Step 5. I imagine the same sort of reasoning applies in Step 20, to remove unnecessary protrusions. 

@Admiral Puff thank you for telling me, I'll be sure to remove those lugs before I glue the piece.

Regarding the bombracks, I read an article on Modeling Madness which showed them having ejector pin marks, so I guess that's why Revell wants me to file them.

@Bonhoff thank you for pasting your build, I'll use it to compare mine and guide myself.

• Like 1

Some news: Warped fuselage halves without locating holes, ill fitting instrument panel, and vague piece location later, I've decided to not even bother with the kit and start an Airfix Bf 109E in 1:48.

I'll keep the pieces and decals (I even received a spare sheet from Revell after I found the originals were damaged).

6 hours ago, Lawzer said:

I've got this kit in the stash (have had for some time) and every time I open the box the fuselage halves with the NO locating pins puts me off.....

You may be more skilled than and pull it off in the end.