Pocher 1/8 Mercedes Spezial-Cabrolet

Codger

We have not had Pochers appear here of late and I thought perhaps a 'Spezial' one would be of interest. :D

No not mine - I am not near this level of Pocher-mastery. This is the work of David Cox, pre-eminent Pocher commission-builder and modifier. David has built for a client the famous cabriolet, chassis number 130859, previously owned by Bernie Ecclestone, former czar of F-1. The car is 1 of 1 built by the factory in 1935.

David's build incorporates his many trademark features, not found in the Pocher box. Like 22 working lights, working switches and linkages, kid leather, mother-of-pearl dash,  all custom made (and chromed) brass moldings and window frames, working brakes, a sprinkling of ModelMotorcar screens and handles and custom touches found only on the 1:1 prototype.

Like working and lighted semaphore directional signals, a Mauser automatic handgun (that, knowing David, may work), a covered top stack and a covered spare tire well.

This project and many of David's fabulous completed Pochers can be found at his DetailedModelCars.com website. Hope you enjoy.

IMG_1717.jpg

IMG_1705.jpg

IMG_1727_3.jpg

DSC05652.jpg

IMG_1708.jpg

IMG_1670.jpg

IMG_1694.jpg

IMG_1688_2.jpg

IMG_1653.jpg

• Like 11

Superb, I have one back on the bench to finish, since my wife bought it for me in 1988!

• Like 1

On 9/23/2018 at 7:12 AM, PatW said:

Superb, I have one back on the bench to finish, since my wife bought it for me in 1988!

To discuss advanced techniques, you can contact David directly through his website.

4 hours ago, Mpfiend said:

Very nice, David Cox is a very talented model engineer.

Thanks for posting.

Keith.

Keith, I hope I did not miss it but where is your equally beautiful Benz?? Please post it here or direct me.

C

1 hour ago, Mpfiend said:

Mr C,

Its is still ongoing at the moment, Other projects have got in the way and I am trying to find a way of making leather clad door cards.

Keith

I'd be glad to repeat what I did on the Rolls if you'd like to PM me. Or - why not contact Cox on his site as to how he does these Benz doors? He's a very helpful chap for Pocher lovers...

Yous is too nice to lay idle IMHO...

• Like 1