Avro Anson, Classic Airframes 1/48th scale

Very nice job on this Classic Airframes kit!  I love to see these built if for no other reason than to encourage me to tackle my own stash.  Not that any would come out to this standard but they are buildable.

5 minutes ago, Harold55 said:

Very nice job on this Classic Airframes kit!  I love to see these built if for no other reason than to encourage me to tackle my own stash.  Not that any would come out to this standard but they are buildable.

Thanks Harold, they are definitely buildable, just need a little patience. I’ve got the Lockheed Hudson waiting in the wings which would be a nice addition to the Anson as it has 206 Squadron markings as one of the options. Just need a replacement Boulton Paul turret from a Revell Ventura as the kit supplied one is way off imo.

4 minutes ago, CJP said:

I really admire the standard of your model

CJP

Thank you so much, you are very kind. 

What a superb model,....... I keep getting mine out, do a little work, then put it back in the box,... so I know how hard you`ve worked, 

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tonyot said:

What a superb model,....... I keep getting mine out, do a little work, then put it back in the box,... so I know how hard you`ve worked, 

Cheers

Tony

Thanks Tony,

There were a couple of occasions when it nearly went in the bin! I’m going to do a couple of easy kits and then hopefully build the Hudson I also in 206 Sqn markings.

• Like 1

Howard

very nice and neatly finished model; (especially the framing of the clear parts).  Always thought this was an interesting subject when I first built the Airfix kit back in the 1960s.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cduckworth said:

Howard

very nice and neatly finished model; (especially the framing of the clear parts).  Always thought this was an interesting subject when I first built the Airfix kit back in the 1960s.   

Thank heavens for Eduard paint masks that’s all I can say!  :winkgrin:

Never got round to building the Airfix kit but was always attracted by the box art, particularly the Red Stripe edition. Happy memories of my youth. 

Thanks for for the kind comment.