Beach Party! Buggy through the Night!

16 hours ago, bhouse said:

Bugle actually made the entire car. The most distinctive Bugle feature is that they used VW style headlights rather than separate units.

Edited to add:

I've found a website giving the history of Bugle cars.

Thanks for the link - just what I needed! :worthy:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

So!

I can't postponed anymore - Figures! I have to tackle the figures. :D

First things first though - I must warn of imaginative nudity! :sorry:

-

-

-

-

-

-

Still with me? OK

The warning stems from the fact, that I have only painted the figures with skin colour and they therefore could - with some imagination - look nude - IF your imagination should be so inclined! :winkgrin:

I used Model Master Warm Skin Colour for the first cote and then the same colour lightend sprayed from above to give some natural shading.

I'm not completely convinced though and will probably give them some additional shading.:hmmm:

981eace7-c282-4440-80e7-cbd8d573f905.jpg

The figures look lighter in the picture as in real life due to the lights.

The girl will be painted as a blonde with the Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini. :D

The dude however isn't quite finished in my mind yet:

Jeans - Yes; :D

Leatherbrown west - hmmmm?, :hmmm:

Olive Green Surplus Military West - hmmm.? :hmmm:

Somehow I think he looks a bit like Dennis Weaver as Sam McLoud! So Black hair and Mustage? :hmmm:

Well, I'll see where this takes me. :winkgrin:

Hans J

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JeroenS said:

She looks fine, though not very relaxed ... maybe the seat is hot from the sun 😎

When I'm fully done, you'll see the reason for the unrelaxed seating! :evil_laugh:

Anyway, as a car model I'll call this one done! :yahoo:

156a29ff-7a1f-4ea7-b1f7-f66938eed7a7.JPE

532c9be5-8889-45ac-8995-36eed8aa4c37.JPE

However, this is not the setting I had in mind when I started this build.

As the eagleeyed of you have noticed, I still have som work to do at the rear....:winkgrin:

I'm putting it into a natural setting, and if it's OK with you I'd like to continue this tread instead of moving it to the Diorama Forum. OK? :please:

Hans J

• Like 7

Hans, that is a great result. Much better than the one I built in 1970 something I think!

The holes in those Corbeau seats had brass rings around them. 

They got very hot after parking in the sun!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So! It's friday! :yahoo:

The base is well underway:

59a7b6d4-ce2a-4515-992f-f7ae56b61c3e.JPE

I'll paint the surface a suitable sandcolour. The surface is made by sprinkling a mixture of sand and sawdust unto a cote of white glue.

The base itself is made up from expanding polystyrene (the sort of polystyrene used to protect hi-fi equipment etc).

I then cut it into shape with a sharp knife and covered it with plaster mixed with water and white glue. The glue will prevent the plaster from cracking.

I then sanded the edge, gave it another cote of thinned plastermix followed by another sanding and then painted black.

And so endeth the update of the day. :winkgrin:

Hans J 

Cheers

Hans J

• Like 3

Very nice Hans, although cars are not my modelling thing, this is looking pretty good. The orange colour reminds me of 1970 when my mum insisted that the sitting room doors ought to be painted tangerine along with some other appropriate colouring. It all lasted a week. Back to the model, the Peter Wyngarde mustache and haircut on the driver deserves attention. 

Edited by Mr T
Making more sense
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Mr T said:

Back to the model, the Peter Wyngarde mustache and haircut on the driver deserves attention. 

And let's not forget the very beach-worthy abdominal muscles on both figures 🙂

I'm from the 70's myself so mine are under a bit of a protective layer now

• Haha 1

It looks very good Hans. Mine is in the front row left side of my Buggy Club meeting....................

photo-th.jpg

• Like 6