Beach Party! Buggy through the Night!

Hans J, I beg your forgiveness in hijacking your thread with a discussion on Alfasuds, I promise i will stop after this post.

My brother's was also fantastic but why they made them soluable in water I have never understood. He used to spend a lot of time welding!

Regards

Nick

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, John_W said:

Very nice build of an old classic. The figures are remarkably well sculptured.

Thank you very much. :D Yes the figures are actually on par with many of the scalefigures one encounters in todays world of modelling.

But before I begin on the figures, let's shead some lights on it shall we? :winkgrin::

acf586b9-33ff-4fc8-aae4-f20aa3f8eff5.JPE

Looks a little frogeyed, don't you think? :hmmm:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

• Like 3

Surely the bikini should be yellow with white dots?

Paint yellow then cut off the end of a cocktail stick and dab on nearly dry white paint.

The engine, satin black with metal cylinders. I saw a Karmann Ghia on TV the other day painted so.

The Orange paint is looking very good now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Spiny said:

I always imagined it as black polka dots, and a little bit of googling turned up this:

220px-IBTWYPDB.jpg

It's one of those things it's almost embarrassing to get right

I was just on the verge of spending the afternoon looking at womens swimwear on the internet - for research purposes :innocent:, of course  - but you just saved me the trouble! :winkgrin:

So! - back to modelling! :D

Hans J

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, HansReggelsen said:

I was just on the verge of spending the afternoon looking at womens swimwear on the internet - for research purposes :innocent:, of course  - but you just saved me the trouble! :winkgrin:

So! - back to modelling! :D

Hans J

My apologies for wiping out your afternoon of "research"😉

• Haha 2

So! I made a mistake! :o

I glued the exhausts in the wrong position - the should be 90 degrees upwards instead! :doh:

Hopefully you can see in the picture what I mean.

The fault stems from the fact, that I used a picture of at beetle-engine, but this is not a beetle - it's a Buggy! :coolio:

I discovered the mistake when I had to fit the protection-plate under the engine.

f925ae56-b3c4-4d79-af6f-064fd4cba485.JPE

Somehow it looks better too - more sporty! :winkgrin:

Hans J

• Like 3

So! A morning well spend - first some exercise in the local gym - then some breakfast and then some modeling! :D

80211ae0-ddfd-44b9-9314-dccdc1cb0c98.JPE

T'was actually a bit complex - got to have steady hands but it worked out just fine! :winkgrin:

Hans J

• Like 2

So! It's monday, the weather is cloudy and I can feel a cold is coming!:crying:

Then it's nice to work on a summercar and dream of driving through the dunes in the sunshine! :coolio:

cb924be3-34b2-46f4-a8a4-680df2b264dd.JPE

I've chosen to weather the car a bit as I have plans for it - oh yes! Plans indeed! :evil_laugh:

Hans J

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Bill.B said:

I built this Airfix Bugle Buggy many, many moons ago, but as a kid mine wasn’t anywhere as nice as yours. Not far to the finishing line Hans. :yes:

I build this too a long time ago. I figured out it must have been the first edition from 1971! I was only 9 and painted it mattgray! :doh:

Cheers and thanks for the comments! :bye:

Hans J