SBD-5 Dauntless, 25 Squadron, RNZAF

russ c

Hi Everyone, 

Managed to get a brief sunny spell today and took some pic`s of my latest completion:

QlbOR9C.jpg

My attempt at Italeri`s reboxing of Accurate Minatures 1/48 Dauntless kit

JART4sQ.jpg

Finished to represent an Aircraft of 25 Squadron, RNZAF, 1944-45

jHsD0xa.jpg

I don`t bother usually about colours but could not bring myself to use the powder blue decals supplied with the kit.......

3XhJkSg.jpg

...so I bought a RNZAF Corsair sheet to replace them.

bhgVhYf.jpg

Then shortly after I`d got them a specific decal sheet was issued by Ventura ( V48100 )which had some great options so got those as well

aKmmdOH.jpg

Only problem then was deciding which one to build !!

wFLDQRA.jpg

Anyway, hope you enjoy the pic`s, thanks for looking

Cheers Russ

• Like 49
  • Thanks 3

Yet another Russ C gem build. Surely you have exhausted your Pacific subjects by now, however you always seem to stump up with another absolute corker! I think you’ve got a few fans on here mate, especially quite a few down this way of the world. 

Cheers and very well presented.. Dave 

• Like 2

Great to see your excellent build. I was looking deep into my Accurate minitures SBD-4 box just the other day. I looked a really nice kit. I had a hard time not starting it.  It has the 25 squadron as one of the options. My uncle was in that squadron after they changed over to Corsairs. 

Have you got any tip for the kit that could help us. Ventura are a really good company to deal with. I dealt direct with them the other day and they were very friendly and helpful. I will have to check out their SBD set. 

Edited by Greg Law
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Greg Law said:

Great to see your excellent build. I was looking deep into my Accurate minitures SBD-4 box just the other day. I looked a really nice kit. I had a hard time not starting it.  It has the 25 squadron as one of the options. My uncle was in that squadron after they changed over to Corsairs. 

Have you got any tip for the kit that could help us. Ventura are a really good company to deal with. I deal direct with them the other day and they were very friendly and helpful. I will have to check out their SBD set. 

Thanks Greg, I can`t think of anything you`d need tip for, it`s pretty straight forward and fits together well. 

Look forward to seeing yours done.

Cheers Russ

6 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Yet another Russ C gem build. Surely you have exhausted your Pacific subjects by now, however you always seem to stump up with another absolute corker! I think you’ve got a few fans on here mate, especially quite a few down this way of the world. 

Cheers and very well presented.. Dave 

Thanks Dave,

I`ve a few ( Pacific subjects ) still to do, I`ve actually got an Australian strafer , almost finished on the  kitchen table at the moment.  There`s such a variety of colourful markings and schemes to do on the subject I can always find something interesting to try..

Cheers Russ

• Like 1

Russ

I wouldn't hold your breath on that just yet. I'm in the Pacific group build group at the moment doing a A6M3 Zero and a P-40N Gloria Lyons Hasegawa 1/48 kit.  I'm using Ventura decals on the P-40N.

Once I have those done and my Do 217. I might very well do it with my Corsair. Both in RNZAF schemes. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Hi Russ 

What a cracking model. What a great backdrop too. Is this a photographic back scene or is this the view from your garden? 

Great work fella. 

All the best 

Chris 

Nah, that`s the back yard, you should see the garden 🙂. actually, it`s a wall poster glued on some card.

Thanks Russ

• Haha 1

Really great Russ.

I actully think your builds are my favourite on this forum.

Consistently great finishes, subjects, quality, photgraphy and unbelievably prolific!

Congratulations on the Dauntless.

What is the scale?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Winenut said:

Really great Russ.

I actully think your builds are my favourite on this forum.

Consistently great finishes, subjects, quality, photgraphy and unbelievably prolific!

Congratulations on the Dauntless.

What is the scale?

It`s 1/48th

Cheers Russ