1/72 - Dassault Mirage III/5 Nesher/Dagger family by Special Hobby - MIIIC & CJ released

Homebee

39 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

I really hope that it will "land" very soon on your workbench ...

Hi Patrice

my first build from this kit will be an Israeli aircraft from the kit markings.  I have just realised that I also have a Modelsvit kit in The Stash, so it will be a double build comparing the two.  The Modelsvit kit will be in Israeli markings as well.  This will allow me to "get my hand in".  :D

Then comes the Main Event.   In the NATO group build next year, I intend to build a French Mirage IIIC.   I have mentioned before how as I child I loved to watch The Aeronauts on television.  This was a dubbed English version of the show you know as Les Chevaliers Du Ciel.  The television show was based on the bande dessinée comic strip Tanguy et Laverdure.

I am an avid collector of comic books and I am now looking for some copies of these comic books.  There are various albums of the comic strips which are readily available - these days these are known as trade paperbacks or TPBs.  However I would like to find copies of the orginal comic strips in Pilote magazine and even the English language versions from Lion comic.   I think these would make a nice display with my completed model which will represent one of the aircraft seen on the show. 

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Hi Patrice

my first build from this kit will be an Israeli aircraft from the kit markings.  I have just realised that I also have a Modelsvit kit in The Stash, so it will be a double build comparing the two.  The Modelsvit kit will be in Israeli markings as well.  This will allow me to "get my hand in".  :D

Then comes the Main Event.   In the NATO group build next year, I intend to build a French Mirage IIIC.   I have mentioned before how as I child I loved to watch The Aeronauts on television.  This was a dubbed English version of the show you know as Les Chevaliers Du Ciel.  The television show was based on the bande dessinée comic strip Tanguy et Laverdure.

I am an avid collector of comic books and I am now looking for some copies of these comic books.  There are various albums of the comic strips which are readily available - these days these are known as trade paperbacks or TPBs.  However I would like to find copies of the orginal comic strips in Pilote magazine and even the English language versions from Lion comic.   I think these would make a nice display with my completed model which will represent one of the aircraft seen on the show. 

Good evening Enzo

I am looking forward to follow your double build soon ..

When I was a kid I used to watch The Aeronauts / Les Chevaliers du Ciel on the TV too and sometimes I watch the DVds and it is always a great pleasure ..

I have almost all of the comic books published in the early 60s as well as the latter books published in the early 2000 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanguy_et_Laverdure

If you want to represent one of the aircraft seen on the show there is a decals sheet that will help you

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/berna-decals-bd72-102-mirage-iiic-chevaliers-ciel--1140692

Best regards

Patrice

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

If you want to represent one of the aircraft seen on the show there is a decals sheet that will help you

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/berna-decals-bd72-102-mirage-iiic-chevaliers-ciel--1140692

I have that sheet in The Stash.  :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Just posting a link to this excellent episode of The Aeronauts.

Brilliant!  There is just so much Mirage context here.  Watch how that Mirage IIIC fires up its SEPR rocket motor and just disappears off the top of the screen.   It's like something from a Gerry Anderson show!  :thumbsup: 

On 9/29/2022 at 8:50 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

I have mentioned before how as I child I loved to watch The Aeronauts on television.

I read all those comics back in the day. 

There's a dedicated Berna sheet as well: 

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 2

On 29/09/2022 at 19:50, Enzo Matrix said:

Then comes the Main Event.   In the NATO group build next year, I intend to build a French Mirage IIIC.

I am, of course, talking rubbish here.  The NATO GB is not next year. It is in 2024.  I'm not waiting that long to build a French Mirage.   I'll just have to find another excuse. :) 

36 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I am, of course, talking rubbish here.  The NATO GB is not next year. It is in 2024.  I'm not waiting that long to build a French Mirage.   I'll just have to find another excuse. :) 

Ahem!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Wez said:

Ahem!

There is that.  There are also Mysteres, Super Mysteres, Ouragans, Mirage F1s and Etendards in The Stash! :lol: 

The Deserted GB could lead to one of those nice Djibouti based Mirages.

• Like 3

My kit arrived about half an hour ago! :yahoo:

It seems to be even better quality than Special Hobby's Mirage F1.  I was quite surprised at how heavy the box is, as there is a lot of plastic in there.  No doubt that's due to the large array of tanks and ordnance.

• Like 3

I'm also awaiting the kit, took advantage of Special Hobby's recent sale to buy one. I have an old Carpena sheet that includes a French IIIc and the plan would to use those markings... I know, future SH issues will probably have better quality French markings but I don't know if I can wait...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

My kit arrived about half an hour ago! :yahoo:

It seems to be even better quality than Special Hobby's Mirage F1.  I was quite surprised at how heavy the box is, as there is a lot of plastic in there.  No doubt that's due to the large array of tanks and ordnance.

Good evening

Just one ?

Yesterday I received 2 more kits that I had ordered last week during the Special Hobby E Days 

22100508154423585418017004.jpg

I aslo received 2 resin seats produced by Sparkitmodels
https://sparkit-models.com/fr/cockpit/45-mirage-iiibc-mirage-ivap-siege-mk4-ambm-172.html

Best Regards

Patrice

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Just one ?

:lol:    You know me too well.

Just one from Special Hobby as the postage is quite expensive.    I will be buying a few more when it becomes available from retailers in the UK. 

That ejection seat is a thing of beauty!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hook said:

This one?

Cheers,

Andre

Yes, that's the one !

The markings are not really printed as well as possible today and I've had mixed result with Carpena decals, some went on easily while others were very stiff and not really in register... this sheet looks good but I'll only find out when I use the decals...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

Yes, that's the one !

The markings are not really printed as well as possible today and I've had mixed result with Carpena decals, some went on easily while others were very stiff and not really in register... this sheet looks good but I'll only find out when I use the decals...

Good morning Giorgio

I think that you should try to find one of these decals sheets

https://www.scalemates.com/fr/search.php?fkSECTION[]=All&q=Mirage+IIIC+decals+1%2F72&fkCATNAME[]="Jets"&fkGROUPS[]="Aircraft"&fkPRODUCER_COUNTRY[]="FR"&fkCOMPNAME[]="Model Art Decal System"&fkCOMPNAME[]="Berna Decals"  

Best Regards

Patrice

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

Yes, that's the one !

There are better sheets nowadays, but since I have it - why not use it. 

• Like 1