1/72 - Dassault Mirage III/5 Nesher/Dagger family by Special Hobby - MIIIC & CJ released

Homebee

2 hours ago, Wez said:

The IIIE is specific to the Adl'A and had the Doppler fairings, IIIEA and IIIEI, whilst based on IIIE airframes, do not feature the Doppler fairing as they're different models.  I suspect that's what Laurent was driving at.

Yup.

The Doppler bulge wasn't specific to the E version or AdA versions: the French IIIRD but also Spanish IIIEE, Brazilian IIIEBR and some later export versions too (Egyptian 5SDE, etc) also had it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is now released and available for purchase via specialhobby.eu for about 17-18 Euro + shipping, for registered members. Also, coming soon is E-day where it will be sold at a 20 percent discount.

Mr.Riedel also mentioned on modelforum that CMK will be making resin sets - seat, exhaust nozzle, wheels - for october/november release.

Next boxing will be IIIC with French markings, after that Mirage IIIC with Atar9C engine...

Edited by drake122
  • Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Dassault Mirage III/5 Nesher/Dagger family by Special Hobby - MIIIC/CJ released
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Dassault Mirage III/5 Nesher/Dagger family by Special Hobby - MIIICJ released
9 hours ago, drake122 said:

Next boxing will be IIIC with French markings, after that Mirage IIIC with Atar9C engine...

Has Special Hobby made any mention of the markings provided in the French boxing?  Will they be all NMF or will there be options for the desert camouflage and Mirage F1 style scheme?

29 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Has Special Hobby made any mention of the markings provided in the French boxing?  Will they be all NMF or will there be options for the desert camouflage and Mirage F1 style scheme?

There is no information about schemes. Just that there will be a different weapons sprue.

Good morning

Thank you for the update I already placed an order for 2 Mirage IIIC kits..

About that next boxing with french markings I guess that we will have to wait until next year at least ...

Best Regards

Patrice

1 hour ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Good morning Enzo

The Model Art decals Sheet 72039 provides the choice between NMF , Desert Camouflaged and Mirage F1 Style schemes

http://maquette72.free.fr/decals/mads72039/index.php

And you can also find these 3 schemes in the Modelsvit Mirage IIIC kit

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/modelsvit-72061-mirage-iii-c--1316777

Best regards

Patrice

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

A very good question! 

10 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

A very good question! 

If the F.1CR boxing is anything to go by, I would bet against natural metal only.

Oh, and since I'm in a nostradamus mood, I also predict a follow up Israeli boxing with camouflaged examples, including the yellow / black ID triangles.

Cheers,

Andre

25 minutes ago, Hook said:

Oh, and since I'm in a nostradamus mood, I also predict a follow up Israeli boxing with camouflaged examples, including the yellow / black ID triangles.

I think that will be the proposed Atar 9C boxing.

On 17/09/2022 at 08:20, Enzo Matrix said:

I've just realised that I built the Modelsvit kit as an Argentinian aircraft.  That means I have an untouched Modelsvit decal sheet providing markings for all three French schemes and a South African scheme.  With judicious use of the SH kit decals, I can pretty much build all of these.   Add to that the fact that I have an Avalon sheet for Israeli Atar 9C jets in desert camouflage and air defence schemes and you can see that I'm Alright Jack!  :lol: 

This is exciting.  Can I have my kit now please?   :bounce:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

That means I have an untouched Modelsvit decal sheet providing markings for all three French schemes and a South African scheme.  With judicious use of the SH kit decals, I can pretty much build all of these.  

Nice :)

1 minute ago, Enzo Matrix said:

So jealous...   :) 

I have one on the way from Special Hobby.  I can hardly wait.  :bounce: 

Hi Enzo

I really hope that it will "land" very soon on your workbench ...

Best Regards

Patrice