1/72 - Dassault Mirage III/5 Nesher/Dagger family by Special Hobby - MIIIC & CJ released

Homebee

On 4/15/2022 at 6:01 AM, colossusfr said:

I totally agree about these SAMP bombs. There are not so easy to do. And those from the PJ set are too tiny.  A good news.

Alain.

Sorry to coment until now but there is a couple big french bombs on the Special Hobby Super Mystere Saar in 1/72 scale also some smaller but no indication on what type on the instructions

By the way I'm also waiting for those Mirage 5/50 Daggers from Special Hobby in wonderful 1/72 scale

Regards

Armando

Edited by RAGATIGER
  • Like 1

Just counted up the decal options I have for IIIC's (my least favourite version btw), I've got markings for 8 Adl'A options so I shall be needing a few of these.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wez said:

Just counted up the decal options I have for IIIC's (my least favourite version btw), I've got markings for 8 Adl'A options so I shall be needing a few of these.

Just as the modelling gods would want them, Wez ;) 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Can anyone recommend a good reference book on the Mirage lll.

Regards

Robert

https://www.scalemates.com/books/mirage-iii-tome-1-les-monoreacteurs-dassault-a-aile-delta-bernard-chenel-eric-moreau-patrick-audouin--102244 and it comes it a number of volumes ;)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Robert said:

Can anyone recommend a good reference book on the Mirage lll.

Regards

Robert

9 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

The DTU books are the holy grail of Mirage books but they were always pretty pricey when first published and remarkably scarce these days.

The Duke Hawkins book is recent and is pretty good for the Mirage III/5/50 in general.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Robert said:

@Wez any chance of a listing of those decal sheets ?

Regards

Robert

Certainly Robert:

Modeldecal 88 - No.30/10-RE E.C.2/10 "Seine" in the blue scheme with earlier, high viz roundels or later, low viz ones (I'm planning on doing the high viz scheme

Model Art 72/039 - 2-FE E.C.T.T.2/2 "Côte d'Or" Spa 65/Spa 94 markings on NMF; 2-LI E.C3/2 "Alsace" NMF; 10-SJ E.C.1/10 "Valois" in the blue scheme; 10-LE E.C.3/10 "Vexin" in the desert scheme - I'm planning on doing all of these

Model Art 72/067 - 2-FA E.C.2/2 "Côte d'Or" Spa 57/Spa 65 markings in NMF - this is the one I'm planning on doing

Berna Decals BD72-110 - No.19/5-OI E.C.2/5 "Île de France" in NMF; No.74/5-NJ E.C 1/5 "Vendée" also in NMF - I'm planning on doing both of these.

Both the Model Art sheets have some alternative aircraft in the scheme's chosen.

Hope this helps?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hook said:

I have these set aside for the SH kit - a few C options in there:

https://www.scalemates.com/nl/kits/carpena-7208-mirage-iii-5-50--148984

Cheers,

Andre

Good afternoon Andre

Best of luck with the Carpena decals I think that you already know that they don't have a very good reputation ...

Hopefully with the release of these SH kits in a few weeks/months we will see also the release of more decals sheets ..

Best Regards

Patrice

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Best of luck with the Carpena decals I think that you already know that they don't have a very good reputation ...

Yes, they're almost as out of register as my recent Xtradecal ones!

Still, since I have them...

Cheers,

Andre

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Hopefully with the release of these SH kits in a few weeks/months we will see also the release of more decals sheets ..

I hope that too! 

As a kid I used to love the French TV series The Aeronauts   (aka Les chevaliers du ciel), which used to get shown over every summer holiday, together with The Flashing Blade and Robinson Crusoe.  I would really like to build a Mirage as featured in that show.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Aeronauts_(TV_series)

And while I am on the subject of The Flashing Blade...   Best! TV Theme! Ever!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

As a kid I used to love the French TV series The Aeronauts   (aka Les chevaliers du ciel), which used to get shown over every summer holiday.  I would really like to build a Mirage as featured in that show.

Look what I found!  

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/BER72102

:thumbsup: 

• Like 3

I ended up buying this book https://www.aviationmegastore.com/mirage-iiic-suivi-des-avions-em37editions-m3c-aviation-books/product/?action=prodinfo&art=184463 and l have the requisite Modeldecal sheet so ready to go.

Thanks @Wez and @RidgeRunner 

Regards

Robert

• Like 4

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Dassault Mirage III/5 Nesher/Dagger family by Special Hobby - 3D renders+schemes+box art+sprues - MIIIC/CJ release September 2022
  • 2 weeks later...