1/72 - Dassault Mirage III/5 Nesher/Dagger family by Special Hobby - MIIIC & CJ released

Homebee

51 minutes ago, CharlieGolf2009 said:

Great, and indeed seems to be a little bit more refined and less complicated to build than Modelsvit's IIICJ. :)

I didn't want to ask the obvious, but where is the weapons sprue? 

Special Hobby is suspect when it comes to including weapons. 🤣 (see Viggen). Nevertheless, Mr. Riedel, head of SH, posted CAD images of Mirage family weapons in design,  so it will either be separate resin stuff through CMK, or a universal weapons sprue included that is not shown here.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, drake122 said:

(see Viggen).

Wasn't the Viggen a Tarangus coproduction? 

SH's Mirage F.1 comes with a generous arms package, plus the box art shows a centerline Matra R.530.

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, drake122 said:

Special Hobby is suspect when it comes to including weapons. 🤣 (see Viggen). Nevertheless, Mr. Riedel, head of SH, posted CAD images of Mirage family weapons in design,  so it will either be separate resin stuff through CMK, or a universal weapons sprue included that is not shown here.

I loved the Tarangus/Special Hobby Viggen series, but do have to recognize that the lack of weapons was indeed a let down. And if for the JA-37 fighter variant wasn't much of a problem to find some, for the AJ/AJS-37 it was a completely different story. 😑

Let's wait a bit more for this magnificent weapons sprue to make its appearance then. 😀

spacer.png

Edited by CharlieGolf2009
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hook said:

Wasn't the Viggen a Tarangus coproduction? 

SH's Mirage F.1 comes with a generous arms package, plus the box art shows a centerline Matra R.530.

Cheers,

Andre

Indeed, and SH gave exactly this as the reason why there were no weapons included.... co-production with Tarangus. Altough, I think this is just an excuse, as they have also stated that they (SH) own the Viggen moulds, so who knows. Perhaps limiting production cost was a request from Tarangus. It is quite strange that the Tarangus boxings are about 1/3 more expensive after all.

• Thanks 1

Despite all the other terrific French-made armament present, we seem to finally have some quite nice MATRA SAMP 25 bombs as well. Besides inside the Jaguars from Hobbyboss, and the resin ones from Aztec Models, I don't recall ever seeing this type of 250kg/500lb bombs in 1/72.

They will turn out to be a very welcome addition to a Luftwaffe's Starfighter or Phantom in the fighter-bomber role. 😀

Edited by CharlieGolf2009
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CharlieGolf2009 said:

Despite all the other terrific French-made armament present, we seem to finally have some quite nice MATRA SAMP 25 bombs as well. Besides inside the Jaguars from Hobbyboss, and the resin ones from Aztec Models, I don't recall ever seeing this type of 250kg/500lb bombs in 1/72.

They will turn out to be a very welcome addition to a Luftwaffe's Starfighter or Phantom in the fighter-bomber role. 😀

I totally agree about these SAMP bombs. There are not so easy to do. And those from the PJ set are too tiny.  A good news.

Alain.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This looks imminent, from SH's "News from Special Hobby 07/2022" e-mail newsletter: 

In the US, we are going to showcase our upcoming models, too, those which as we believe will hit the market in the second half of 2022. These will be the 1/48 scale SH48219 Bugatti 100 Racer, SH48217 Aero C-3B (the Czechoslovak version of the Siebel Si 204E), SH48200 NC.701 Martinet (which was the French version of the Si 204B with domestic engines and propellers), the improved release of the SH48210 Heinkel He 177 Greif with some new parts. In 1/32 scale, we are most likely going to have just one new model for this Autumn, the SH32083 Fiat G.50B Bicomando. The 1/72 scale will see the release of the long-expected Mirage IIIC, SH72450 AT-6C/D & SNJ-3/3C Texan ‘Training to Win’ – a limited release of the Texan covering USAAF and US/Navy/Marines schemes as flown during WW2 and a few more reeditions of some of our quite successful models. So, what else to say, we believe you have a wonderful Autumn ahead of you filled with plenty of models produced by us for you.

Woohoo! 

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Dassault Mirage III/5 Nesher/Dagger family by Special Hobby - 3D renders+schemes+box art+sprues - MIIIC/CJ release Autumn 2022

Per the reply to a question on modelforum by Mr.Riedel, Mirage III C/CJ boxing is expected in August 2022, providing the weapon sprue and boxart printing is completed by then. Next boxing in line will be French III C versions, after that it is undecided.

https://modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=77712&start=8130

Edited by drake122
  • Like 6

15 hours ago, drake122 said:

Mirage III C/CJ boxing is expected in August 2022, (...) Next boxing in line will be French III C versions

I'll have at least five of each. ;)

Cheers,

Andre

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Hook said:

I'll have at least five of each. ;)

That's way too much Cs for me ! I'll get just one. From an aesthetics aspect the C is the version I dislike most. Rear fuselage too long, front fuselage too short.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Laurent said:

That's way too much Cs for me ! I'll get just one. From an aesthetics aspect the C is the version I dislike most. Rear fuselage too long, front fuselage too short.

Beware of The guardians of the temple Mr Laurent. 😂

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Laurent said:

Some French (I mean, there are bound to be Cicognes in the second boxing!), some Israeli, some Argentinian...

Plus, I have those funky resin Israeli recce noses from my AML / RV kits which I plan to use on the SH C/CJ kits!:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/aml-72018-mirage-iiicj--205634

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/rvaircraft-72050-mirage-iiicj-reconnaissance--964130

https://www.scalemates.com/nl/kits/rvaircraft-72051-mirage-iii-cj--1007834

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Hook said:

Some French (I mean, there are bound to be Cicognes in the second boxing!), some Israeli, some Argentinian...

Plus, I have those funky resin Israeli recce noses from my AML / RV kits which I plan to use on the SH C/CJ kits!:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/aml-72018-mirage-iiicj--205634

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/rvaircraft-72050-mirage-iiicj-reconnaissance--964130

https://www.scalemates.com/nl/kits/rvaircraft-72051-mirage-iii-cj--1007834

Cheers,

Andre

They look horrible! :D :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Robert said:

On the Interesting Modelling Company You Tube channel on the last Sunday show a built up example was shown at 1 hour and 31 minutes

https://youtu.be/BGnDE7uDrBM

Regards

Robert

That does not look particularly well built. Wing dihedral seems off, as well as main undercarriage angles, and fuel tanks are wibbly-wobbly too.

Not to say I didn't make the same mistakes on models before, but at least I tried not to photograph them in a way that would accentuate the issues. 🤣

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, drake122 said:

Not to say I didn't make the same mistakes on models before, but at least I tried not to photograph them in a way that would accentuate the issues. 

Well, at least you didn't put them on your Airfix 80s box tops. ;)

• Haha 2