Jump to content

1/72 - Dassault Mirage III/5 Nesher/Dagger family by Special Hobby - MIIIC & CJ released


Homebee

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Fulcrum@ said:

the SH Viggen is not a SH molds, it's a Tarangus one, a short run product.

I may be wrong, and I can't find anything to back me up at the moment, but Tarangus does not have their own facilities to either make molds or inject kits, so they are sourced to other companies, like Special Hobby in the case of the various Viggen; very much like their collaborations with Azur-Frrom.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Fulcrum@ said:

hello !

@ Drake 

the SH Viggen is not a SH molds, it's a Tarangus one, a short run product.

I think the next SH Mirage III will look like their Mirage F1, easy to build...

I'm pretty sure SH owns the Viggen moulds, even though that particular kit was a collaboration with Tarangus.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would not call the SH/Tarangus Viggen a short-run kit. It is moulded very  much in line with their Mirage F.1, Gnats and he-162 to name a few.

 

The Tarangus J29F and J32 are short run kits, I'm guessing made by Sword (the sprues and plastic are very reminiscent of Sword kits, and that is what I'm basing my assumption on)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, drake122 said:

Furthermore, these markings offered on the first SH Mirage seems quite boring to me. I know they are historically significant, but it's all the same color basically. I am more looking forward to the exotic III/V variants used by small air forces all around the world (if SH ever do those) - including Rose, Pantera, Israeli recce noce Tsiunt conversions, Atlas Cheetah, etc..

 

I’m with you completely. I’ll celebrate the day that the kit manufacturers decide to look more widely at the opportunities for attractive colour schemes ;). 

 

 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What constitutes an "attractive colour scheme" is indeed a highly subjective matter; the current selection is already very attractive to me given my interests. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Fukuryu said:

What constitutes an "attractive colour scheme" is indeed a highly subjective matter; the current selection is already very attractive to me given my interests. 

True, but then I wasn’t aiming my thoughts at you. I’d just appreciate some broader thinking by the manufacturers when choosing subjects. 

 

Anyway, that’s enough of my ramblings. This isn’t the place.

 

Martin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Dassault Mirage III/5 Nesher/Dagger family by Special Hobby - 3D renders+sprues design+MIIIC/CJ schemes & box art - release in 2022
  • 2 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Dassault Mirage III/5 Nesher/Dagger family by Special Hobby - 3D renders+MIIIC/CJ schemes+box art+sprues - release in 2022
On 27/01/2022 at 16:02, drake122 said:

 Furthermore, these markings offered on the first SH Mirage seems quite boring to me. I know they are historically significant, but it's all the same color basically. I am more looking forward to the exotic III/V variants used by small air forces all around the world

 

The IIIC is my least favourite version and the schemes on offer are a big yawn for me, fortunately I have plenty of decals for Adl'A machines to not worry about it.

 

On 27/01/2022 at 21:19, RidgeRunner said:

I’m with you completely. I’ll celebrate the day that the kit manufacturers decide to look more widely at the opportunities for attractive colour schemes ;).

 

You and me are singing from the same hymn sheet on that Martin.

 

9 hours ago, Teeradej said:

Panel lines looks very fine. Much finer than their previous Mirage F.1.

 

The panel lines are looking good, I'm also really very pleased they avoided the temptation to cover it in divots, panel lines exist on real aircraft, massive divots where rivets go don't, in fact the holes one of the Riggers were plugging with rivets on an aircraft at work today wouldn't even show up in that scale.

 

I'm very pleased with what I see, can I have mine now please?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wez said:

The IIIC is my least favourite version and the schemes on offer are a big yawn for me, fortunately I have plenty of decals for Adl'A machines to not worry about it.

Me too, mate, although they do look best in French cockades :)

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sturmovik said:

Does anyone know if the kit comes with the exhaust used in the MIIICJs of the Fuerza Aérea Argentina?

 

Yes, the Atar 9C exhaust is on the third sprue picture, under the starboard side tail fin.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The sprue gate located at the cutout for the nav lights on the upper wings (by the looks of it) is a nifty idea. That seems to prevent some awkward cleanup work.

 

Bring them on, says I!

 

Cheers,

 

Andre

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Hook said:

The sprue gate located at the cutout for the nav lights on the upper wings (by the looks of it) is a nifty idea. That seems to prevent some awkward cleanup work.

 

Bring them on, says I!

 

Cheers,

 

Andre

 

Hadn't noticed that, clever move!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Dassault Mirage III/5 Nesher/Dagger family by Special Hobby - MIIIC & CJ released

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...