1/72 - Dassault Mirage III/5 Nesher/Dagger family by Special Hobby - MIIIC & CJ released

Homebee

Naturally disappointed that the more colourful Mirage IIIE versions will come after the IIIC but I've got some Adl'A schemes for the C so I will be getting the C versions.

9 minutes ago, Tomppa B said:

I can only hope that there will be a proper Mirage IIIB.

Given that Special Hobby gave us a Mirage F.1B, it's not an unreasonable expectation.

A request, Special Hobby if you have not cut metal and are still in the CAD stage can you produce the front windscreen with part of the fuselage so you do not have to worry about getting glue on he front canopy when you attach it to the fuselage. In other words something similar to the way Tamiya produced the front windscreen on their 1/48 Tomcat series.

Wish every manufacturers would follow this way of doing the front windscreen on aircraft as it produces a nicer finish.

Robert

P.S. l do not do Facebook so perhaps someone can suggest it to Special Hobby

Edited by Robert
Added P.S.
  • Like 4

Hi.

Great news, there is no doubt. But I have built the Mirage F.1 of Special Hobby and much bigger would have been the news if I launched  Eduard .....

I have the E of PJ Productions new tooled and it looks at many nice points. It includes extras like seat in resin or ladder in photoetched. Engraved panel lines. I'm with  construction.

Knowing Special Hobby I do not think it's superior. If it meets the deadlines as with F.1 and says it will be available for 2019/20 then it will be available for 2021.....

Greetings.

14 hours ago, Robert said:

Special Hobby has a nice customer service, send them an email with your suggestion.

15 hours ago, Robert said:

A request, Special Hobby if you have not cut metal and are still in the CAD stage can you produce the front windscreen with part of the fuselage so you do not have to worry about getting glue on he front canopy when you attach it to the fuselage. In other words something similar to the way Tamiya produced the front windscreen on their 1/48 Tomcat series.

Wish every manufacturers would follow this way of doing the front windscreen on aircraft as it produces a nicer finish.

Robert

Agree 110% !!!

On 9/25/2018 at 9:24 PM, Dennis_C said:

😅 Nasher is only 202x !!!!! Many time ahead to build something else!!!!!

You could use the 5F boxing when it appears as the two should be near-identical.:hmmm:

Mike.

I thought that Special Hobby after its fantastic F1 was going to go for the Mirage 2000, for which you really need a new model instead of the family III / 5 that is well covered (IMHO) with the HPM / PJ and the future Modelsvit . I think it was a missed opportunity, the 2000 Heller and Italeri are full of mistakes and more than 600 were built for 12 countries, it was success assured ...

Special Hobby the new Mirage 2000 is necessary already (1/72)

Regards

• Like 1

I agree with Gremlin that SH should bring us a new 1/72nd scale Mirage 2000, absolutely!  Do I think they've missed an opportunity by working on the III/5 series first?  No, absolutely not!!

The SH Mirage F.1 retails for around £15 (yes I know it can be had for less but that is the average advertised price), the HPM/PJ III/5 kits are twice that price.  Furthermore, my stalled HPM M5F hasn't been what I consider to be a fun build.

I've seen people having "fun" with the RV IIIC kit, which is also more expensive than the SH Mirage F.1 and is covered in awful divots which are meant to simulate flush rivets.

The Modelsvit kit is an unknown quantity ATM (although the renders have been shown), but looking at the retail price of their stuff at a well known UK on-line model store, their Mirage IIIE is likely to be in the £20-30 price band.

SH's recent kits (Mirage F.1, Gnat/Ajeet, P-40E/N), have delighted me with their beautiful, crisp mouldings, I'm particularly looking forward to the Super Mystère they're working on ATM.

The Mirage III/5 series has long been overdue a modern, mainstream, relatively easy to build range of kits in 1/72nd, there were far more made of these than the Mirage 2000, they were far more widely used so the markings options are legion!  I would expect the SH Mirage III/5 to be priced at around the same price as their Mirage F.1's which is great news for me because I'd want about 30 of them - that isn't going to happen with the other manufacturers offerings.  I would therefore suggest a good Mirage III/5 has far wider appeal.

So in the end, I agree with Patrice, yes please SH, please bring us a Mirage 2000 series, but please bring us the Mirage III/5 first!

• Like 1

On 28 September 2018 at 8:09 AM, Wez said:

So in the end, I agree with Patrice, yes please SH, please bring us a Mirage 2000 series, but please bring us the Mirage III/5

And, please, get the two-seaters done before moving on to anything else! 

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner
  • Like 1