This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Fozzy

Eduard 1/48 scale Nieuport 11

Good afternoon guys!

I have had a few months off modelling and my Scratch built B17G as I have been away from my work bench but finally have found the time to build something ...this time OOB!

May I present to you my effort of the Nieuport 11...in the markings of  Cpl Victor Chapman ,N.124, Lafayette Americane, 1916. This is the Eduard 1:48 scale kit and and a pleasant build it was too!!

The lower starboard wing was taken off another camouflaged Nieuport as a replacement ,due to damage!....if your wondering!!

NIEUPORT_11.jpg

NIEUPORT_11_1.jpg

NIEUPORT_11_2.jpg

NIEUPORT_11_3.jpg

NIEUPORT_11_4.jpg

NIEUPORT_11_5.jpg

NIEUPORT_11_6.jpg

Thanks for taking a look guys

Cheers

Fozzy

Lovely model and added interest with the replacement wing. I do like that aspect of WW1 aircraft - it makes them different!

P

Thanks for your comments chaps!🙂

Lovely Nieuport. The wing in another paint scheme is a nice touch.

Nice build. I like your clean rigging. I have been having a nightmare doing my He 51's rigging. How did you go about it?

Edited by Greg Law

12 minutes ago, Greg Law said:

Nice build. I like your clean rigging. I have been having a nightmare doing my He 51's rigging. How did you go about it?

Hi Greg

Thanks for your input!

I have to say I love doing rigging on these WW1 aircraft. I always use small gauge fishing wire...I drill small holes where the wire is attached to the frame and super glue one end of the wire into the hole....when dry I place the other end of the wire through the next hole along the frame and pull taught ...at the same time applying a drop of super glue to hold it in position.To clean up I cut the excess wire with a hot knife......all you need to do then is paint them!

Well that's my method any way Greg...I'm sure there are many ways of achieving the rigging!!....cheers!