Italeri 1/48 B-25C

Arniec

Hi Guys, 

This will be my second build. This is a shelf queen. I had it started a few years back and it was shelved at that time.

As I saw by coincidence this one on the shelf I had a look in the box and thought why not. 

After consulting Rich if it was allowed for the GB as it was near the 25% rule. But he gave me the green light for it, so here goes.

It is the reboxing of the Accurate Miniatures B-25 C/D model in 1/48 scale from Italeri.

As I also have the original boxing from this kit I will probably swap the decals. That kit is intended to be build as a 320 squadron one in RAF marking later on. So the decals for Dirty Dora are a left over.

Here is a picture of the box with the fuselage and the content.

IMG_4618IMG_4624

Here are some options that I have for the GB.

The first one is from a Dutch version that flew from Australia.It is original from the italeri box

IMG_4627

The second one is also from the box.

IMG_4626

And the original one from the AM kit.

IMG_4625

As I love colors  on my builds I will probably go for the last one Dirty Dora. I love that blue nose.

It flew from New Guinea. And it will be heavily weathered.

Cheers,

• Like 6

Another great choice Arnie.

There are some very colourful markings for the B-25's which had extra guns in the nose and the glazing painted over, and as you say there is plenty of scope for weathering.

I like the Dutch ones too and was torn between a Dutch or RAAF B-25J and the Beaufighter which I have chosen to do, and no I'm not going to build them all!

• Haha 1

nice to see this thread up Arnold.

i looked over the instructions for this model, it really is nicely detailed, it would be tempting if not for it's size!

Good luck with the build, will be a great one to follow.

• Like 1

Hi guys, 

I have found a new book about the B-25 in Dutch service. 

IMG_4641

There was a straffer in there that got my attention. 

IMG_4642

So I think I will go to build this instead of Dirty dora.

Cheers,

• Like 4

Thanks Craig. 

I have made a start with the model during this week. I first placed the tail with the rudders.

IMG_4648

And then I made rthe wings and cleaned them up before I putted them on.

IMG_4650

That already looks like a B-25. There is still enough things to do, but the main parts are ready now.

I have also tried to corrected the engine cowlings a bit. I have made the inlet bigger. I don't know if it is totally correct, but it looks better then before.

The left one is done and the right is the original as in the box.

IMG_4649

After looking at the picture I might have overdone it a bit.:doh:

That is it for now. 

Cheers,

• Like 4

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

she's looking nice Arnold.

why is it manufacturers get the openings on the cowlings wrong so often? The ones on the GW P-61 were shocking, way to small.

I don't know, but maybee they didn't measure them correctly. Or not at all? But it is easier to get some shaped of, than that you have to ad some. 

Cheers,

I have done some more today and placed the nose glass, that will like their American counterparts be painted over.

And I also placed the canopie and the astro dome.

IMG_4653

I just noticed in the picture that I forgot to paint the gun sight. :doh:

I also improved the engine cowlings. there is a big hole in it for the carburator intakes. They shouldn't be there, so I filled them up with some plastic card and filled and sanded them to shape.

IMG_4654

That is it for now.

Cheers,

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

This one is also as the Brewster getting ready for painting not much has to be done except to mask all the windows and some parts that also needs to be painted in their colors, but will be placed after painting of the model.

Here are two pictures of the side gun pods and after having looked at some pictures of it I will say that the pods are to big and also to high on the sides. This also means that the reinforcement plates are to big according to my researche. I will leave it as it is, because it is to much work to correct it. I am laisee.

IMG_4655IMG_4656

I have also putted already the engines and cowlings on, but forgot to take a picture.:doh:

That is it for now.

Cheers,

• Like 6