Trainers GB, We're on! - Chat

Rob G

I'm getting close to throwing my 'Training' hat into the ring as well. I'm just in the throws of a non-official, non-sanctioned 1/48 Tamiya P-51 Mustang GB with three other local mates (quite scandalous I know!), however once that is through I'm tempted to get into an Italeri / Supermodel 1/72 Macchi MB326H as operated by our very own RAAF. There's a bit of a local family connection with this thing, so if the enthusiasm continues in the next few weeks I'll start a build thread to knock down those BM GB cobwebs. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

I'm getting close to throwing my 'Training' hat into the ring as well. I'm just in the throws of a non-official, non-sanctioned 1/48 Tamiya P-51 Mustang GB with three other local mates (quite scandalous I know!), however once that is through I'm tempted to get into an Italeri / Supermodel 1/72 Macchi MB326H as operated by our very own RAAF. There's a bit of a local family connection with this thing, so if the enthusiasm continues in the next few weeks I'll start a build thread to knock down those BM GB cobwebs. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Do eeet, do eeet now!

C'mon Dave, you know that you want to...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

I can't believe Enzo hasn't chipped in with his trademark "BUILD THEM ALL !" so I thought I had better do it for him ;)

They are all very modern, compared with others being built in the GB so far, great to see us coving all the bases.

my choices would be ;

Jet Provost

Harrier T-10

However I suppose it's only reasonable to ask what you fancy building as they are your kits after all ! :rofl:

Cheers Pat

Hmmm, I am getting a UK centric vibe from the suggestions you and Cliff have made 🤔

I am thinking I will go with a subject I have a connection with, either the CT-4A which I flew a few hours in as a Navigator trainee in a past life or the PC-9 which I also had a nice jolley in around that time. I just have to decide if I am on a resin kit or limited run injection kit frame of mind.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Hmmm, I am getting a UK centric vibe from the suggestions you and Cliff have made 🤔

I think I can solve the mystery.......... :idea:

I found my first clue in the name of the website  BRIT 🇬🇧 Modeller !

I think your 2 choices are a great idea, are you going to try to replicate the actual aircraft ?

:cheers: Pat

Apologies everyone for carpet bombing the GB, I decided to take my Co-host duties seriously today and try to give everyone some encouragement with their builds. 

At least that was the intention ! :tomato:

cheers Pat

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Decisions, decisions, decisions! And these aren't all the trainers and TTs in the stash. 

resized_ec4f528e-992e-4474-9146-262b8fcf

I think I'll go with these two. 

resized_2d932fd6-6723-41b1-a310-1f02a744

Mind mind you I like the look of both of these. Downside is they both have vacuum canopies and the Martinet has shed loads of resin. 

resized_b85218f3-2431-471e-b972-0e41d70e

All four four are limited run and the Martinet has loads of flash, so probably will be a challenge. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, 825 said:

I think I'll go with these two. 

resized_2d932fd6-6723-41b1-a310-1f02a744

Those would be my first choices as well :speak_cool:

• Like 1

I would choose the Martinet, so that we complete the set of Miles training aircraft from that period in this GB.

But that's easy for me to say as I'm not the one tackling the resin and flash challenges ;)

Good luck with whatever you decide on.

cheers Pat

21 hours ago, 825 said:

Mind mind you I like the look of both of these. Downside is they both have vacuum canopies and the Martinet has shed loads of resin. 

All four four are limited run and the Martinet has loads of flash, so probably will be a challenge. 

The Vengeance is a nice kit.  I understand your concerns about the vacuum moulded canopy, but it's worth a shot.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235047121-raaf-vengeance/

• 2 weeks later...

Right... We're just over a month into this GB and we have 5 rather spiffing entries into the gallery. I have yet to start mine, but given that I've been home for a grand total of 6 days in the last 5 weeks, I'll beg the court's indulgence.

I must apologise for my lack of comments on everyone's threads- 12 hour days in the humid heat leave me pretty insensible at day's end. I am however following along and enjoying your progress.

Here's to the next 12 weeks; with luck work will ease up and I'll get a chance to enter something as well as be a bit more involved with your builds.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, picked up an MMB / Siat Flamingo the other day that would fit the brief & may get done in the timeframe.  Not sure if it should be a Turkish example or as an RAF what if

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bar side said:

Hmm, picked up an MMB / Siat Flamingo the other day that would fit the brief & may get done in the timeframe.  Not sure if it should be a Turkish example or as an RAF what if

Welcome! To fit the GBs remit, you'd have to do a Turkish trainer version, what ifs and display teams aren't eligible.

Contact me if you need clarification.

Rob.

6 hours ago, Rob G said:

Welcome! To fit the GBs remit, you'd have to do a Turkish trainer version, what ifs and display teams aren't eligible.

Contact me if you need clarification.

Rob.

Glad I checked Rob, thanks

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just handed my last essay in, just need to finish my research proposal and then I am taking a break and have an Airfix JP and an Italeri Harvard to build. For once I intend to finish a GB...

• Like 1

On 11/1/2018 at 10:45 AM, Rob S said:

After someone else jumps in at position number 39 I'll bag position number 40 for a Miles Master of some description.  Most likely a Novo Mark III out of the box but may also try to back converted one to a Mark II or - if I can find it - build the Pegasus Mark I.

Well managed to find both of these in the "Stash" back in January but as I'm still going on the Airfix 737-200 fixer upper and the Airfix A300B1 conversion I doubt I'll get the chance to start even the Master III out of the box.  Still have until June 9 and can but hope ... 

Evening all, hoping to join this group build with a Scottish Aviation Bulldaog that I started years ago. It’s the heritage resin kit and it has the fuselage sides, wings and tail joined together. I know normally that may be more than 25% but is it ok to join in here and get this thing finished in the UAS scheme I first went solo in! There is nothing like a GB to get a stalled project going again. Here it is, you be the judge.

37755456754_0e5046d804_b.jpg

Fortunately the glider is now done, the Harrier needs a base and the weapons load out, but as you see the Bulldog needs some help!

Thanks for considering

Graham

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Oops! Sorry @Graham77. Seems we've all been ignoring you :( Unfortunately I'd say you're closer to the 50% mark with your Bulldog but if you want to start a thread and carry on with progress anyway I'm sure plenty of us would enjoy seeing you finish this one. So long as you don't feature in the final vote I doubt anyone will mind ;) 

Cheers Col, hopefully it’ll be the kick it needs to get interior and the canopy built so I can get it painted and then decalled up as the Bulldog I did my first solo in many years ago! Hopefully coming to a new thread soon.......

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Graham77 said:

Cheers Col, hopefully it’ll be the kick it needs to get interior and the canopy built so I can get it painted and then decalled up as the Bulldog I did my first solo in many years ago! Hopefully coming to a new thread soon.......

Always great to see someone model a subject with such a personal connection :) 

Ummm... hello? It seems as if I'm really, really sucky as a GB host, and I offer my deepest apologies to all. I can but blame chronic illness and long hours at work (which combine to make me exhausted at the end of every day) and promise to 1. do better for the time remaining with this one, and 2. Never, EVER host another GB, ever. Heck, I haven't even put an entry into my own GB, what kind of slackness is that?

To all those who've put entries into the gallery, great work. It's great to see all the builds, and I thank you for entering the GB and continuing on in the face of apparent hostly indifference.

To those of you with builds on-going, keep on rolling! There's just on 3 weeks left until we draw the curtains on this'un, so hack in with a will and get that paint applied, pronto!

To my co-hosts (who have, it seems, taken up the slack and covered for me without being asked to) another thank you. I owe you both a tipple whenever I happen to get back to Blighty (please don't let me forget).

To conclude, here's to the remaining 3 weeks, and may your glue be sticky, your paint shiny and your decals straight! Carry on Training chaps, and Thank You All again for your participation!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Real life gets in the way sometimes @Rob G, don't worry about it, we've got your back here ;) The pint is still welcome though :cheers:

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Orright ladeez and gen'men, there's but a week to go on this wee GB (hmm...). Last drinks! Get your final coats of paint on, and start heating the water to stick them decals down, coz time's a-wastin'! It's been a fabulous effort from you all so far, let's see how many we (you, seeing as I ain't done nuffin') can push across the line in the dying moments.

There will be a poll after it all ends, but no prizes - the winner will have to bask in the glory that is a First Place in a Britmodeller Group Build- apparently it's got real street cred! Or so I'm told...

• Like 2