2011 Christmas build done !

Ian

If you check your modellers dictionary under the heading of 'Shelf Queen' you may well find a photo of this wee thing - Tamiya's 1997 Jeep... apart from the stowage, .30 cal belt and the M1 carbine, straight from the box. First figure I've painted in about 25 years and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Started just before Christmas 2011 and finished this afternoon !

9yU7LmC.jpg

4BKLYPt.jpg

6ORmAdZ.jpg

8RwCuaL.jpg

xCyOr3r.jpg

mHbuFMv.jpg

BPxrZjB.jpg

OwhAk8E.jpg

KrZ3eh6.jpg

kBcVTiQ.jpg

As ever please feel free to comment, abuse or ask a question. Have a great weekend y'all... :soldier

Ian.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

No wonder the driver looks happy. He's had a long wait. Which reminds me I have a jeep on the shelf of doom for at least as long. 

Also my Christmas 2005 Tamiya Panther build still languishes beside it.

• Thanks 1

Ahhhh.....absolutely lovely.

Well worth the wait.

Some great variations in textures there, what with the metal, wood, canvas, leather, rubber, all realistically captured.

Actually, this was my last model. I say 'was', actually it's an 'is' as I've not completed it and won't be until I've finished the accompanying diorama, and that'll probably be in a year or more's time. So, I don't feel so 'lazy' now! :tease:

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 1

Thanks folks, very much appreciate the comments. There's a couple of armour builds lurking around my bench just now, all long-term projects and all trying new techniques and / or products, but more of them another time. Thanks again folks, glad you like my wee jeep.

Ian.