‘New’ Airfix 1/48 Bf 109E

Guy Aceto

My apologies for (a) not posting enough, and (b) asking a question that might have been covered already. I did a quick search and didn’t find anything. 

I can assume that the just released 1/48 Airfix Bf 108 is NOT a new tool kit but the older one with new decals?

thanks

9 minutes ago, Ace269 said:

My apologies for (a) not posting enough, and (b) asking a question that might have been covered already. I did a quick search and didn’t find anything. 

I can assume that the just released 1/48 Airfix Bf 108 is NOT a new tool kit but the older one with new decals?

thanks

It's the 2010 kit with new decals.  Its a bf 109 by the way, (spotted your typo!😁)

Kit number A05120B

Selwyn

Right re-release reference No. Wrong box art image. Here's the A05120B cover with the new box art and colour schemes. von Werra in 1/48 is welcome, Priller was already available as an Eduard Weekend kit option. The other, Gimme' a break! How about a med or trop camo variant third option?

45 minutes ago, Bigglesof266 said:

Right re-release reference No. Wrong box art image. Here's the A05120B cover with the new box art and colour schemes. von Werra in 1/48 is welcome, Priller was already available as an Eduard Weekend kit option. The other, Gimme' a break! How about a med or trop camo variant third option?

Right re-release reference No? I'm afraid you are wrong. You are assuming that I linked to a kit box  image when in fact the page I linked to was to  illustrate the Scalemates kit timeline. 

The kit reference number is A05120.  the scalemates page I linked to clearly shows the kit timeline from 2010 (new tool) and shows the latest issue boxart listed as A05120B.

Selwyn

Edited by Selwyn

4 hours ago, Selwyn said:

Right re-release reference No? I'm afraid you are wrong. You are assuming that I linked to a kit box  image when in fact the page I linked to was to  illustrate the Scalemates kit timeline. 

The kit reference number is A05120.  the scalemates page I linked to clearly shows the kit timeline from 2010 (new tool) and shows the latest issue boxart listed as A05120B.

No. LOL. Regardless you choose to link to Scalemates, errantly annotated as "Kit number A05120B" you hotlinked to the A05120 product release. An earlier release of the product. Period. Full stop. Confusing & illogical rather than mere semantics. Either way, here is the correct A05120B product re-release link directly to Scalemates specifically, immediately identifiable as the latest "New!" release No. A05120B, the specific kit the OP the subject of the OP's enquiry.  The provenance of the topic subject "‘New’ Airfix 1/48 Bf 109E" A05120B, can then be traced back as desired. No need to thank me. Only too happy to help. Cheers. 

Edited by Bigglesof266
typo